New Wrasse - QT plan (advice)

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 flasher wrasse en route over the next few days.

I typically put new fish through TTM, with Prazi on transfers 2 and 4. Then, 3-4 weeks in a 20gallon long with Chloroquine Phosphate. So far, I have done that with my clowns, blenny and it's done ok.

With wrasse, I have read that they don't tolerate CP all that well, and have read that they don't really tolerate Prazi all that well.

I do have cupramine, but I really don't like to use it, but maybe I need to in this case?

Plan with the Wrasse is 1 week of observation (ie: until I get all 4 of my wrasse), then start TTM.

Do I proactively treat with Metro pills? what I did with my cichlids was toss a pill in if they weren't eating, and once they did, I would mix it up with the food and freeze it.

What's the better course of quarantine treatment?

tcoyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth with my red head fairy wrasse, I did Prazi (2 rounds) and used Copper Power. He did amazing through everything. I would use Copper Power or another form of Chelated Copper rather then Cupramine.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairy/flasher wrasses I've tested have done fine in CP. Its Pseudocheilinus (ex. Six Line) and possibly Halichoeres genus wrasses you want to avoid.

FWIW; whenever I run a fish thru TTM (and Prazipro), I never use any medications after that unless I see symptoms of disease during the observation period.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I will do my normal procedure and skip the cp last stage.

I think when I get a tang, I will do a cp treatment when they are done with TTM as a precaution.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back