OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on down....I always welcome company :) I get the fish on Thursday, so they should be swimming around nicely by then. I can't wait.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the ones I got tonight:

Ugh...links not working.....

Last edited:

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pick one up from LiveAquaria, haha. Just that fish will put you over the free shipping mark :)

How much does one run, they are pretty sweet i have never even looked for one for sale.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they run like 279 on LiveAquaria. Anything over $225 is free shipping.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, you took the bait, hook ,line and sinker.:bigsmile:
You're going to have to change your avatar soon to a fairy wrasse.
Congratulations, I saw all of those come up today and thought they were nice fish.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, no kidding. Now I need to come up with a new avatar. I thought that one was funny, but nobody ever commented on it. I laughed like the entire time I was making it. haha.

I'll have to change to something besides those clowns, especially if I get rid of those Picassos. I'm actually going to sell them and get some Wyoming Whites hopefully. The Labouti was def one that I wanted, so when I saw that one, I really liked it. I saw the Filamented one yesterday, but somebody else got it. They put up another today, so I went with it. The McCoskers was the last choice to get a fish instead of pay for shipping :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, you took the bait, hook ,line and sinker.:bigsmile:
You're going to have to change your avatar soon to a fairy wrasse.
Congratulations, I saw all of those come up today and thought they were nice fish.
Brad, we got a live one. :hammer:

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I'm doing another photo shoot on Thursday. At least I'll be working from home that day, so I won't be rushing home from the airport like last week. haha

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, we got a live one. :hammer:

haha, you guys are hilarious.

Hopefully soon I'll be the third wrasse guy around here :) I'm loving the current ones, as they swim all over, so I'm looking forward to seeing the smaller ones add some more color and activity as well.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just got my Divers Den order in, and it looks like the McCoskers wrasse didn't make it. He was dead when I opened the box :(

The Labouti and Filamented wrasses were moving around in their bags, so hopefully they'll make it ok. Gonna float them for 30 min to warm them up, then into the tank they go.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. Was the shipment late because of the storm? I've found the flashers to be really fragile, probably because they are so small.
Keep us informed, I want to see them swimming around your tank. After the acclimation box.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. Was the shipment late because of the storm? I've found the flashers to be really fragile, probably because they are so small.
Keep us informed, I want to see them swimming around your tank. After the acclimation box.

Nope, the shipment was actually earlier than I usually get the FedEx delivery, but it was already a goner when I pulled it out. Made me nervous cause he was the first one I looked at.

I have been meaning to ask you, how long do you keep them in the acclimation box? I think I got the larger box, which is a tad too big for my tank, so it scares the other fishes away. haha

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just got my Divers Den order in, and it looks like the McCoskers wrasse didn't make it. He was dead when I opened the box :(

The Labouti and Filamented wrasses were moving around in their bags, so hopefully they'll make it ok. Gonna float them for 30 min to warm them up, then into the tank they go.
sorry to hear about the McCosker's. :(

hope the others make it.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The others seem to be doing great, swimming around like they own the place :) However, they were taking a little heat from the Flame wrasse, but he's calmed down. They sat in the acclimation box for about an hour, which is when the Flame started to settle down from poking the box. Pics to come soon.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The others seem to be doing great, swimming around like they own the place :) However, they were taking a little heat from the Flame wrasse, but he's calmed down. They sat in the acclimation box for about an hour, which is when the Flame started to settle down from poking the box. Pics to come soon.
good to hear. :)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture time...looks like the flame gave up and they are friends now. haha.

In the acclimation box:
DSC_2883.jpg

DSC_2891.jpg

Initiation cleaning:
DSC_2893.jpg

DSC_2897.jpg

Filamented Flasher Wrasse
DSC_2907-1.jpg

DSC_2908.jpg

mc-cro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, sorry to hear about the McCoskers, I was really looking forward to seeing that one in person

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, sorry to hear about the McCoskers, I was really looking forward to seeing that one in person

Yeah, I was bummed about it to. I hate to see any fish not make it. I was really looking forward to having this male get established and then hopefully add a female in later.

My female flame should be shipped next week I hope :) I honestly didn't realize how small some of these wrasses are. The McCoskers was like an inch and a half.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laboutei looks nice! :)

Thanks. He's swimming around nicely with everybody else, so I"m pretty happy. It was weird, him and the new flasher were laying on top of each other in a little hole, not moving. I about freaked about. Then the flame came in there and laid next to them, haha. I was like...what is this a slumber party? haha. Then the flame kinda nudged them off and they both came out swimming again. Not sure if that is normal wrasse behavior or not.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back