New Wrasses - Finally they are here

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, the shipment was actually earlier than I usually get the FedEx delivery, but it was already a goner when I pulled it out. Made me nervous cause he was the first one I looked at.

I have been meaning to ask you, how long do you keep them in the acclimation box? I think I got the larger box, which is a tad too big for my tank, so it scares the other fishes away. haha
I usually keep them in the box 1-3 days depending on how they are eating and how the other fish act.
Glad to see the others are doing fine.

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear about the McCoskers but those other 2 are awesome,as weird as it sounds,I love seeing your wrasse LOL

looks like you guys are gonna be blessed with a little more snow up there tonight

Last edited:
OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear about the McCoskers but those other 2 are awesome,as weird as it sounds,I love seeing your wrasse LOL

looks like you guys are gonna be blessed with a little more snow up there tonight

Yeah, thanks. I fell in love with these wrasses after seeing Brad and Marvin's tanks. They are exactly what I've been wanting, nice colors, very active, very friendly. Once I sell my Premium Picassos, I'll probably go for another pair, plus my female Flame, and call it a tank. haha

Yeah, I didn't know about the snow until I talked to my neighbor. Supposed to get a few inches. I'm so done with snow this year.:xd:

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picassos' are awesome too,but they just don't have the flashy colors like most of the wrasse....

hopefully it doesn't get too bad this time...I love snow,especially at Christmas,but I'm ready for spring now too

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picassos' are awesome too,but they just don't have the flashy colors like most of the wrasse....

hopefully it doesn't get too bad this time...I love snow,especially at Christmas,but I'm ready for spring now too

I'm sort of leaning towards a pair of Wyoming White clowns, but I don't know yet. As far the wrasses, there looks like there is still a bit of aggression in the tank, where the flame is still harassing the newbies. I'm sure it'll calm down soon.

I'm so ready for spring, this winter has been bad. At least I'll be heading to Dallas in another week, and hopefully it'll be warmer. Its actually colder down there right now than KY.

jonzee2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow man yo guys have really opened my eyes to wrasses they are never the first thing I look for when I go to the LFS but I'm gonna have to start paying more attention to these guys

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful wrasses! I wish I could get away with fairy wrasses in my tank. The pinkface wrasse and Clarkii bully anything I put in the tank that doesn't outsize them. Unfortunately, the clarkii is about 5 inches and the pinkface is around 6...so it makes it tough. The smaller fish that are already in the tank seem fine, but anything new is nothing but bait to them. I recently lost my melanarus and leaopard wrasse in a pH swing (stupid float switch) and now I don't know what to add. I definitely want a new melanarus and a couple flames, but I don't know how they'll do. The pinkface might have to go in the sump for a couple weeks....

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow man yo guys have really opened my eyes to wrasses they are never the first thing I look for when I go to the LFS but I'm gonna have to start paying more attention to these guys

I just started keeping them within the last week, but have been looking at them for a while now. Took me a month to slowly build a mesh top for my rimless tank, and then once it was done, I started buying wrasses :) They are great to look at, and from what I've seen so far, they are very active and fairly passive fish. I'm going to enjoy these guys.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful wrasses! I wish I could get away with fairy wrasses in my tank. The pinkface wrasse and Clarkii bully anything I put in the tank that doesn't outsize them. Unfortunately, the clarkii is about 5 inches and the pinkface is around 6...so it makes it tough. The smaller fish that are already in the tank seem fine, but anything new is nothing but bait to them. I recently lost my melanarus and leaopard wrasse in a pH swing (stupid float switch) and now I don't know what to add. I definitely want a new melanarus and a couple flames, but I don't know how they'll do. The pinkface might have to go in the sump for a couple weeks....

Yeah, I took some preventative measures for these new additions. I had a sixline wrasse in my tank, in which I put him in the frag tank. They I removed a few other fish to the frag tank to accommodate these guys. I have been thinking about a leopard wrasse, but I'm not sure yet.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love wrasse! Just wish I would break down and pit a top on my tank so I could have some.

Yeah, it was a hard decision for me to cover my tank, especially because it was rimless, and I loved the clean look. I hung my halide reflectors from the ceiling, so it was nice and open, very clean looking. This is why I built the mesh top out of acrylic bar, to keep that clean look going. It worked out pretty good, and I'm pretty happy with the finished product. Not much I would do different.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back