New Year’s wishes: Will you add a new tank in 2023?

Will you add a new tank in 2023?

• I plan to purchase a tank to add to my existing tank(s)

Votes: 74 20.6%
  • I plan to purchase a tank to replace my tank

Votes: 70 19.5%
  • I plan to add a tank only if I am given a tank or win one

Votes: 57 15.9%
  • No thanks…er…no tank

Votes: 111 30.9%
  • Other

Votes: 47 13.1%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New Year’s wishes: Will you add a new tank in 2023?

Whether it is upgrading your current tank or adding another tank, are you hoping to add a new tank in 2023? Maybe a frag tank, a quarantine/observation tank, a display tank, or even a freshwater or brackish tank – adding another aquarium may be in your plans for this year. Tell us if you are thinking about another tank and what it would look like? If not, tell us why not. Let’s discuss the possibilities of another tank in your future this year!

Paletta_NewTank.jpeg

Photo by @Mike Paletta

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope to, we have been saving up for quite a while and are really close. We will be technically replacing a tank, not adding..... but I'm sure for at least a while both tanks will end up running side by side. I'm hoping to replace my 62g AIO tank with a 100g sump system.

Lord_Mort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really WANT a "normal" size tank as all I have is a 13.5g nano. My goal is to eventually get a nice DT of a minimum of 55g and use the nano as a QT. Money is a bit tight and the wife is waiting for a new kitchen so unless I win/am given something, It's not happening anytime soon, lol.

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I already have 13 of them...my other half just might explode if I add another.

But if I should win one...honey it was a once in a lifetime raffle ticket pull, I totally did not buy $200 worth of tickets, I swear! :winking-face-with-tongue: :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Sometimes it can be more than the number of tanks. IME there is a significant difference between a bunch of reef tanks, and a bunch of bare bottom breeding tanks.

cathihaas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife and I are discussing another tank, a Seahorse tank. I can't imagine I will be satisfied with my build plans within the next year honestly.
We just received six dwarf seahorses from a friend. Not really sure what to do with them yet. So far I have them in a breeding tank and dragons breath and another microalgae with them. Reading up on today on how to take care of them.

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes it can be more than the number of tanks. IME there is a significant difference between a bunch of reef tanks, and a bunch of bare bottom breeding tanks.
In my case, I could probably get away with a quarantine tank and that's about it.

"You have enough tanks." :oops: :face-exhaling:

SueAbu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Year’s wishes: Will you add a new tank in 2023

Paletta_NewTank.jpeg

Photo by @Mike Paletta
All of a sudden, I feel so INADEQUATE....

My 95 gallon, fist attempt at a "reef tank" suffered catastrophic failure when we moved. The surviving fish have gotten huge, so we're leaving that one to them.

Now that I've learned a few things, I'm going to start over with the 29 gallon (is it technically nano??) and go with the classic "add what you like, not just what you find/ get at a good deal"...

I started cycling it long enough ago that I can't remember how long it's been... So I guess it's ready to qualify as a new year's tank!!!

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my frag tank down and I'm contemplating taking another one down leaving me with 1. Certainly not planning on buying any coral this year or any equipment upgrades.I stocked up on enough things to last me the year probably. I purchased a huge cleanup crew to replenish there as well. With owning a small business my fun money has been getting spread thin. All of my Holiday gift money was spent on dosing,food,salt and filter media.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back