OP
Rangachick

Rangachick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, yesterday we purchased this beautiful yellow tang and an elegance coral (first coral!) and put both in our quarantine tank. Drip acclimated them over about half an hour with matching temperature and salinity. The coral seems very happy swaying about and the tang, whilst not really eating yet is swimming about happily. I have today noticed these bumps on the tang and am worried it could be ich. Does anyone have any thoughts? Ich is what I dread!!

OP
OP
Rangachick

Rangachick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad outcome - after consulting with a couple of reef experts, they believe that the issue was velvet. Unfortunately this fish died earlier today despite our best attempts to save it (and I feel terrible!). This hobby is so satisfying most of the time but these setbacks are devastating :(

PilotOfSubmarines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Sad outcome - after consulting with a couple of reef experts, they believe that the issue was velvet. Unfortunately this fish died earlier today despite our best attempts to save it (and I feel terrible!). This hobby is so satisfying most of the time but these setbacks are devastating :(
sorry to hear about your loss. just know you did everything you could.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch! Ich is usually not that bad and can be easily cured. Velvet can kill very fast.

Back