New YouTube Video-Saving the Caribbean Coral Reefs at the Old WWC Farm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you read the correctly WWC did sell the old farm. Read below then check out this video for all of the the juicy details.
ORLANDO, Fla. –than 5 miles from the front gates of SeaWorld Orlando sits a new state-of-the-art coral farming facility with a huge mission of saving Florida’s beautiful coral reefs.
The Florida Coral Rescue Center is the largest facility of its kind in the U.S. that provides a safe, stable environment for coral colonies to receive world-class care and reproduce with the help of a team of coral experts.
Coordinated by the Association of Zoos & Aquariums, the facility has been made possible through the collaboration of several groups, including the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), NOAA Fisheries, Disney Conservation Fund, Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida, SeaWorld & World Wide Corals.

poidog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

As a fellow Floridian, diver, and having friends who are NPS divers actively fighting this disease on our reefs; thank you to everyone who is contributing to the research of saving our reefs.

Ben Pedersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next frag and sell some to the public.... What people know and love... they protect.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wonderful news!!!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

As a fellow Floridian, diver, and having friends who are NPS divers actively fighting this disease on our reefs; thank you to everyone who is contributing to the research of saving our reefs.

Thank you so much! We love all of our corals and we must do all to save them!

Next frag and sell some to the public.... What people know and love... they protect.

Without a doubt... However, there are laws that prevent us from keeping these Florida beauties unless licensed. Hopefully someday!

Ben Pedersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! We love all of our corals and we must do all to save them!

Without a doubt... However, there are laws that prevent us from keeping these Florida beauties unless licensed. Hopefully someday!
The sooner the better for the corals... :). I have always wanted an Acropora palmata colony or one of the ones pictured. Those are amazing. Do you know what those are?

3C37CEE6-9D69-4DC8-815B-809EF8DA06BE.jpeg

Ben Pedersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also interesting that the Radions are coloring up the corals..

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back