IMG_1881.JPG

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to The R2R family!!!!

This is good to know because I was planning a 425xl build in the near future. I as well didnt know they changed the sump out. I think most people run manifolds on the reefer series. Me personally like the idea of drilling the ATO tank and turning that into a fuge versus the divider plate. Hope you figure out something if and when you do can you please post pictures so other people can get an idea. Good luck

F22DRVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of how I did it. As you can see, the 3/4 pipe going left off the "T", has a valve that is not fully open. This is because I have more than enough flow. I'm currently running the water to a
Skimz Monzter SM162 External Protein Skimmer. I have a UV Sterilizer that I still need to install. I'm using a Sicce Syncra Silent 5.0 pump (1321 GPH). It's more than powerful enough to supply everything.

You have even more power with the Neptune Cor 20, and less water volume than I have. I think you'll be fine. I personally would not turn the sump around due to the drain-line configuration set-up by Red Sea. My philosophy is "Keep it simple".

Your sump will come out great!

Cheers!

NotSoCivil_Engineer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I actually had the exact same issue happen to me. I made an account to stop lurking after reading your post! My V3 tank arrived on Wednesday, and now I'm trying to figure out how to redo my sump plans.

I'm thinking of a flexible connection from pump to a mounted manifold that ties into the return line with flex hose as well. We'll see if it takes off.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Sounds like you have a problem that just hasn't found the best solution yet. You will get the help you need here as you can plainly see. DO NOT GIVE UP!
Share and Like often!

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with the new 525XL that I just purchased. It has a version 3 sump as well.

What I did was, I came up from the pump with a 3/4 pipe high enough to clear the return pump section of the sump, then did a "T" piece that enabled me to run a manifold line left that dead-ends after 3 valves for future equipment. If you don't want to do that, then the other choice I was contemplating was a second pump. I didn't want to go that route, however, because I had already purchased a pump powerful enough to run everything. It doesn't come out looking quite as nice as the picture you have above, but, it's still nice and organized.
So you don't have a gate valve for your manifold connections? How are you regulating flow?

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
beautiful sump !!

1572705209159.png

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back