Newa Maxi Powerhead is the True Heir to the Legacy of the Maxijet Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Newa Maxi Powerhead is a small submersible aquarium water pump that should be familiar to both fresh and saltwater aquarists alike. For over decade now the ‘Maxijet’ has suffered from a sort of identity crisis due to a disconnect between the actual maxijet pump, and the maxijet name. In the early 2000s United Pet…
Source

Continue reading...

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The original maxijet was always a versatile work horse and was great to have extra on hand. Thanks for sharing the history and current status!

Reefnman2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PR is right on, I still have a couple from years ago and I use one to this day for mixing my water change barrel.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the big deal is here. I’ve been using Marineland Maxijets for over 25 years. While colbalt was out Marineland still had them. I always have two on hand for various tasks.

Sorry Jake, I disagree the Marineland move the same amount of water and are the same sound level. There is no difference.

They are all relabeled and repackaged from the same place.

dan3949

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not my experience. If you use the maxijet to pump through pipe/tube with a backpressure, the marineland pumps will rattle and make noise (this is true for every marineland pump I have tried (10+ pumps of varying sizes)). With the old maxijet pumps (and more recent Cobalt maxijet pumps), the pumps run silent with no rattle noise when operated with some backpressure.

The Marineland pumps are good pumps for the price point. However, I think their impellors are not as robust as they should be. I have had to replace numerous broken impellers on pumps with a little over 1 year of service (the pumps were used in a hydroponics setup).

Back