Newb seeking help about heaters

stevolough

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was set and it wasn't on silent. Also there is a video from Ryan from BRS where he had an issue with two of them.
Just guessing here but if it’s set to 74 and low set to 72 is it possible it wouldn’t go off till 71?

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's supposed to be built with "cheaper" materials. I was not able to find reviews about it either...
The Helio Universal controller contain the same high quality components as the original PTC controller. The major difference are the two female prong leads for use with traditional heaters on the market. All other components are exactly the same.

Salty_Dreamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the Helios PTC 700 Watts (2x350 watts). They just reduced their price from 399 to 250+-. And for a backup I got an inkbird and will get 2xBRS titanium heaters.

Well, I went to the LFS and wasn't really impressed. Bought an Aquatop to use temporarily and in the future to use to heat my water change water while I decided. I read and read and read and decided to buy the Helios smart system. Same that you bought. I hope it works out!

OP
OP
DeadEnd

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I went to the LFS and wasn't really impressed. Bought an Aquatop to use temporarily and in the future to use to heat my water change water while I decided. I read and read and read and decided to buy the Helios smart system. Same that you bought. I hope it works out!
I believe everything is going to be fine and it's going to work perfectly!

You can actually buy an inkbird later for around 30 bucks and use it as a backup with the aquatop.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back