Newbe Mistake

robert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That should do it!

Can you see if the cuprisorb is changing color?

I don't think any of the test kits will test down to the range you really need. I would recommend you stick with the seachem test if only for the reason that your running their cuprisorb and then you can then post in their forums and ask whatever questions you want. They respond really fast. - they also have a phone number you can call with whatever difficulty you may be having.

I was reading on another post about someone who also dosed their main with copper. He was all cleaned up and running fine when his heater malfunctioned and overheated his tank. By chance he had polyfilter in his system which turned color implying the over-temp caused his rock or substrate to release more copper. I also think that letting your pH drop may help liberate any absorbed copper as well. If your not adding any alk then it should drift down on its own, but adding carbonated would push it lower faster. Just make sure there are no preservatives or flavorings in the carbonated water.

Just a couple of ideas which might help clean up faster or better.

If I were you - I'd give seachem a call - tell them your predicament and see what they advise. They have probably dealt with this issue before. Their number is on their website.

If you don't mind me asking - what brand/type of copper did you use?

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back