OP
Toronto78

Toronto78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW I see you use PVC pipes instead of default hoses.
Could you please tell me which diameter of pipes did you use with those bulkheads? 32 or 40 mm?
I bought recently Aquatlantis AquaView 65 and would like to make the plumbing in the same way.
Hi, i got the pvc pipes with the tank. I bought hoses to connect my pumps (to reduce vibration)

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind :)

Have you modified the overflow pipe somehow? Mine became too noisy after I removed balls and blue foam out there. But I ordered valves and pipes and will try to improve it.

And another question, what's the water level over the drain pipe?

OP
OP
Toronto78

Toronto78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind :)

Have you modified the overflow pipe somehow? Mine became too noisy after I removed balls and blue foam out there. But I ordered valves and pipes and will try to improve it.

And another question, what's the water level over the drain pipe?
Why did you remove the balls and foam? It is part of the filtration system. I kept mine in. Water level over drain pipe is just a few millimeter.

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question, but I have a fleece filter and would like to use it, because it has definitely better filtering capability than just two pieces of foam in the overflow box.

OP
OP
Toronto78

Toronto78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question, but I have a fleece filter and would like to use it, because it has definitely better filtering capability than just two pieces of foam in the overflow box.
Why not both. The plastic balls just give extra room for good bacteria to grow and all your water passes it. The blue foam prevents bigger things (like snails) make it down to your sump.

i currently have the foam and balls, a UV, skimmer, filter socks, cheato, and bio balls in my system, plus the rock in main tank

Attachments

• 66FB48E7-D0CF-41FE-9529-134E726F8F4F.jpeg
    66FB48E7-D0CF-41FE-9529-134E726F8F4F.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 42
  • A92E12ED-BCB5-4C43-80AF-E00AD05DF37F.jpeg
    A92E12ED-BCB5-4C43-80AF-E00AD05DF37F.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 36

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not both. The plastic balls just give extra room for good bacteria to grow and all your water passes it. The blue foam prevents bigger things (like snails) make it down to your sump.

i currently have the foam and balls, a UV, skimmer, filter socks, cheato, and bio balls in my system, plus the rock in main tank
Nice setup. So despite of blue foam the filter sock is still able to remove some dirt? :oops: Not all the particles will be filtered by blue foam?

By the way do you like your sump? My aquarium was bought without, so now I'm thinking hard which sump to buy... Is the default good enough? At least it looks very nice.

OP
OP
Toronto78

Toronto78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. So despite of blue foam the filter sock is still able to remove some dirt? :oops: Not all the particles will be filtered by blue foam?

By the way do you like your sump? My aquarium was bought without, so now I'm thinking hard which sump to buy... Is the default good enough? At least it looks very nice.
The blue foam does not really “filter”, it keeps big particles out and creates surface area for bacteria. i also have foam between the refugium and the pump chamber to prevent cheato to be sucked in my the pumps. The filter sock filters smaller particles.

no i do not like their standard sump, i modified mine to create a third chamber for the macro algae. If I was you, i’d find something else.

would also prefer a roller filter instead of the filter sock.

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no i do not like their standard sump, i modified mine to create a third chamber for the macro algae. If I was you, i’d find something else.
I'd say that your non-modified sump on the first page looks absolutely perfect for me, I expect to use only a skimmer, a roller, a heater and 2-3l of Siporax in the return pump chamber.
Unfortunately it's hard to buy such sump for my shorten version from our local suppliers, they have only sumps for 92 and 120. Sounds like a joke, but 92's sump just 2cm longer than 65's and doesn't fit about 2-3mm because of door hinges :(

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 31.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back