OP
Seaspirit

Seaspirit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! 180 on a ppb phosphorus checker.... part of me is a little worried that’s a bit to high, while the other part of me is just happy to see a picture of a ppb checker showing any other numbers than a 0, 1, 2, or 3! Hahahaha
67E8D3C9-D6A3-4700-847B-8121E6EC10B3.jpeg
One thing I would like to touch base on other than kinda being jealous of seeing more than a single row of numbers on my Hanna is your qt plan. While it is unlikely, protozoans can travel about 10 feet give or take through air so keeping them side by side like this could potentially let something slip through. I can’t wait to see the rest of your builds!!!
A2700599-9765-4AD9-83E3-E6EC2D6181B3.gif
No room for any more tanks - just talking the wife into one QT (which happens to be divided into two tanks) was enough, so I'll make the best of what it is. Only using the other side for hospital/short term fish quarantine, is the plan.

OP
OP
Seaspirit

Seaspirit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newest nano tank inhabitant, a bicolor (purple on one side, green on the other) hammer coral, my first (of course)! I creep into the room at night with a red flashlight to see if it's sending out those tentacles but so far I see nothing and it seems to be doing well. Hoping it will be a model citizen until my big tank arrives and gets cycled so I can move hammer boy to a bigger pasture. He sure is gorgeous.
Mybicolorhammer.jpg

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! Newbie here, just 5 weeks into starting my first 10 g tank. I'm using it for a frag QT (my display tank will be 90 g but it's not installed yet). Decided I might as well try to make the little tank look good too! So far this hobby is fascinating, challenging, frustrating (don't get me started on pH...) and thrilling all at the same time. And since I'm not at all DIY, I'm adjusting to the expense.

Here's what I'm celebrating so far:
1. A brittle star came in on my very first piece of live rock (scared the heck out of me); he then disappeared and I was sure he was dead. Showed up 10 days later waving his arms looking for food and I've been feeding him ever since.
2. The nerite snail I named Darth because he storm troops all over the tank is still alive, even after I found him climbing halfway up my bedroom wall. He went out of the tank, in/out of the sump, down the leg of the tank stand, across the carpet and upward. Nuts!
3. The high alkalinity I've been fighting can be tweaked by using a different salt. Yep, learning.
4. I have a beautiful ricordea and read that they like to have company, so I bought him a friend. When they reached out and touched each other am pretty sure I heard angels singing. It was SO COOL.
5. Green star polyps. Nothing seems to kill them.
6. The peppermint shrimp I thought was dying is probably just molting. Looks pretty dramatic!
7. Ordered two dwarf cerith snails in a "reef cleaners" package and apparently one was pregnant, as when the bag arrived it had 75 baby dwarf ceriths in it. It's a clean up MOB.
8. My LFS told me to watch the BRS160 series on YouTube and it's been a HUGE help.
9. I am so glad to have this community - every question I've had has been discussed on here somewhere. Really appreciate you all helping everybody, especially us newbies! Thank you!

Attached a tank pic, will get better at taking pictures, promise! Mine is a 10 gal Innovative Marine Evolve tank (it's two 10 g tanks side by side - I'm going to use the other side for fish quarantine and this side mostly for frags). Hope everyone's having a great Labor Day weekend! - Linda

QT9.6.20.jpg
Welcome to R2R. Very helpful folks here. The BRS 160 is awesome series. I suggest looking through their video library...very helpful, organize/searchable.

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! Newbie here, just 5 weeks into starting my first 10 g tank. I'm using it for a frag QT (my display tank will be 90 g but it's not installed yet). Decided I might as well try to make the little tank look good too! So far this hobby is fascinating, challenging, frustrating (don't get me started on pH...) and thrilling all at the same time. And since I'm not at all DIY, I'm adjusting to the expense.

Here's what I'm celebrating so far:
1. A brittle star came in on my very first piece of live rock (scared the heck out of me); he then disappeared and I was sure he was dead. Showed up 10 days later waving his arms looking for food and I've been feeding him ever since.
2. The nerite snail I named Darth because he storm troops all over the tank is still alive, even after I found him climbing halfway up my bedroom wall. He went out of the tank, in/out of the sump, down the leg of the tank stand, across the carpet and upward. Nuts!
3. The high alkalinity I've been fighting can be tweaked by using a different salt. Yep, learning.
4. I have a beautiful ricordea and read that they like to have company, so I bought him a friend. When they reached out and touched each other am pretty sure I heard angels singing. It was SO COOL.
5. Green star polyps. Nothing seems to kill them.
6. The peppermint shrimp I thought was dying is probably just molting. Looks pretty dramatic!
7. Ordered two dwarf cerith snails in a "reef cleaners" package and apparently one was pregnant, as when the bag arrived it had 75 baby dwarf ceriths in it. It's a clean up MOB.
8. My LFS told me to watch the BRS160 series on YouTube and it's been a HUGE help.
9. I am so glad to have this community - every question I've had has been discussed on here somewhere. Really appreciate you all helping everybody, especially us newbies! Thank you!

Attached a tank pic, will get better at taking pictures, promise! Mine is a 10 gal Innovative Marine Evolve tank (it's two 10 g tanks side by side - I'm going to use the other side for fish quarantine and this side mostly for frags). Hope everyone's having a great Labor Day weekend! - Linda

QT9.6.20.jpg
Welcome to R2R!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and we’re glad you joined us !

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back