Newbie here in Houston. Getting a SW reef tank in 2 weeks

petroreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I’m in Houston and just starting also. Been to 3 LFS so far and my favorite has been FJW Aquarium. They helped me get a pair of maroon clowns this morning and have tons of beautiful tanks. They know what they’re doing. Highly recommend you stop by and talk to them about your tank.

OP
OP
Scott B.

Scott B.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Scott B.

Scott B.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I’m in Houston and just starting also. Been to 3 LFS so far and my favorite has been FJW Aquarium. They helped me get a pair of maroon clowns this morning and have tons of beautiful tanks. They know what they’re doing. Highly recommend you stop by and talk to them about your tank.
Thank you. I will have to check them out when I am in the area. I live a bit north in Spring area. Kuykendahl and Louetta.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R and great tank!
goofy movie hello GIF

Eb1air

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome buddy. That's going to be a little bit of a project. Goodluck !! Word of advice is take it slow there is alot of snake oil out there. And everything in this hobby takes time so take it slow and keep the perimeters stable.you can do it!!
Happy reefing

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both aiptasia and bubble algae are easy to fix issues--congrats on getting a mature reef! Make sure you transfer all the rock over (you can do new sand, that doesn't matter, the rock does, though.) For aiptasia, you can buy bergia nudibranchs who will take care of it over a couple of weeks, and/or some peppermint shrimp who will help out, and will also become a valuable member of your clean-up crew. For bubble algae, getting the nutrients back to the right levels (new or rinsed sand will help with that--I would highly recommend not using the old sand unless you rinse it) will probably zap that, otherwise, you can start dosing Vibrant, which I've had success with completely annihilating bubble algae, every time I have tried it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back