OP
Luis Guzman

Luis Guzman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
I also recommend you find a group that's local to your area, they're usually great sources of used equipment and of frags :)
Thanks for that I'll check some good forum for UK, Anyway I found a bit diffucult to get some products here, for example the Tank there is only one official retailer, and the same for the lights I want ( Orbit Marine), or the heater I was thinking about the cobalt... you guys have the good staff in US xD

OP
OP
Luis Guzman

Luis Guzman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also dont panic when you start to get brown stuff on your rocks and sand bed every new tank gets it. Post a pic and your water conditions and the experts will help.That is when I found out reef to reef is truly the best forum there is for reefing. When you have a problem it gets solved.
I'll try to don't panic to much xD

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that I'll check some good forum for UK, Anyway I found a bit diffucult to get some products here, for example the Tank there is only one official retailer, and the same for the lights I want ( Orbit Marine), or the heater I was thinking about the cobalt... you guys have the good staff in US xD
What do your plan to keep in that tank? A lot of people find they need to upgrade from the orbit light when they get stony corals (LPS & SPS)

OP
OP
Luis Guzman

Luis Guzman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from another UK'er. You're definitely in the right place here. I found this forum invaluable when setting up my Reefer 250 last year.
Good luck and please set up a build thread so we can follow along.
Yeahhh!!! Definetly I will, as soon I got the tank with me hopefully next week I'll start the post with weekly updates. Where about in UK @Pennywise the Clown
Maybe you can suggest me some got local fish shops to get stuff.

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome 1.jpg

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeahhh!!! Definetly I will, as soon I got the tank with me hopefully next week I'll start the post with weekly updates. Where about in UK @Pennywise the Clown
Maybe you can suggest me some got local fish shops to get stuff.
Sorry, I'm about 250 miles north of you on the Wirral. I struggle to find any decent lfs myself.

OP
OP
Luis Guzman

Luis Guzman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do your plan to keep in that tank? A lot of people find they need to upgrade from the orbit light when they get stony corals (LPS & SPS)
Well @burningbaal, as Newbie, I don't want to start with coral straight away(basically bc I don't know nothing about it), I was think to start just with fishs and progressively add easy corals.
Think I'm like a blank canvas, and I want an step by step from getting equipment, setting it, cycling, add likestock and more.
So yeah I'm completely open to suggestion.

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well @burningbaal, as Newbie, I don't want to start with coral straight away(basically bc I don't know nothing about it), I was think to start just with fishs and progressively add easy corals.
Think I'm like a blank canvas, and I want an step by step from getting equipment, setting it, cycling, add likestock and more.
So yeah I'm completely open to suggestion.
Sounds like a pretty good plan. That light will obviously be fine for fish, and for a lot of soft corals as well. There are even some stony corals that don't need much light, you'd just have to be careful about which one you choose and where you put it. Don't be too afraid of soft corals though, many of them can tolerate fish-only conditions. My first reef was inherited from an acquaintance who...wasn't very thorough. It had massive amounts of nutrients (like >50 NO3 and >1 PO4), wasn't ever tested for Ca/dKH/Mg, and had silica sand and a freshwater-designed T8 light fixture (one 4ft bulb in a 55g standard tank)...all big no-no's for careful reef keepers. All that, and he still had a couple soft corals that were doing okay in there. Maybe not thriving, but they were okay.

You might consider the Kessil A80 or the AI Prime, both have good reputations for reef lighting. Even the RapidLed Par38 bulb might be interesting if you wanted to consider it.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,

I'm Luis Guzman connecting from Brighton, UK
Completely new in this world, but looking forward to learning everything about this hobby and be able to setup succesfully my first saltwater aquarium.
Hopefully I can learn from all of you guys. I've been researching for month and watching all the videos in youtube literally xD, and checking the videos of BRS (Bulky Reef Supply) I found this forum and I thought it was the time to join this awesome community.
I would create a post to follow my journey with an IM Nuvo Fusion Nano 20, and hopefully get some good advice and help.

Thanks
Glad your here,comrade

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back