OP
OP
F

fluvalevo13.5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about making my own salt water...I tried calling local purified water store here in our town.. they do reverse osmosis and ultraviolet filtration...( Nothing was said about deionization)... .. is it okay to use RO water WITHOUT DEIONIZATION?.. OR should I use distilled water? ... I know tap water is a no no!

Wuzzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used RO water with both but, I'm gonna be real and tell you I probably haven't been doing saltwater much longer than you.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about making my own salt water...I tried calling local purified water store here in our town.. they do reverse osmosis and ultraviolet filtration...( Nothing was said about deionization)... .. is it okay to use RO water WITHOUT DEIONIZATION?.. OR should I use distilled water? ... I know tap water is a no no!
I was buying saltwater and freshwater on my close LFS but decide to make my own RODI water and got the Aquatic Life 4 unit from Amazon at a decent price $59 and not only make my own water and mix my salt but also get my drinking water. I got 183tds on my tap water, 4 tds before the DI cartridge and 0 tds after the DI. Making your own water save a lot of $$$ at the end. Basically I only need 10 g of RODI per week, 5g for mix salt for WC and 5g for my ATO.

5970D482-E9BB-471E-A2C6-AF1B97A9E786.jpeg

OP
OP
F

fluvalevo13.5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was buying saltwater and freshwater on my close LFS but decide to make my own RODI water and got the Aquatic Life 4 unit from Amazon at a decent price $59 and not only make my own water and mix my salt but also get my drinking water. I got 183tds on my tap water, 4 tds before the DI cartridge and 0 tds after the DI. Making your own water save a lot of $$$ at the end. Basically I only need 10 g of RODI per week, 5g for mix salt for WC and 5g for my ATO.

5970D482-E9BB-471E-A2C6-AF1B97A9E786.jpeg
[emoji108]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back