Newbie Obsessed with her Coralife Biocube 29

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see this but yep that's ICH and it's a lot.
Let me tag the [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] in here for some solutions.

One of them I know is the TTM (tank transfer method) but with so much ich your fish can get stressed and it become even worse.

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see this but yep that's ICH and it's a lot.
Let me tag the [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] in here for some solutions.

One of them I know is the TTM (tank transfer method) but with so much ich your fish can get stressed and it become even worse.

How did that happen so quickly?! I checked them last night like at 9pm and nothing and now this?
I mean I posted pics of that clown yesterday in this thread and nothing was there!
Think I might have a very short lived marine tank experience ... can't believe I was so stupid and I feel just horrible about my little fish.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the other biocube coming torrow correct? Do a fresh water dip in something, and get the other tank ready once it comes. Get a filter pad in the current system to populate bacteria and get some seachem stability.

You can weather this.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did that happen so quickly?! I checked them last night like at 9pm and nothing and now this?
I mean I posted pics of that clown yesterday in this thread and nothing was there!
Think I might have a very short lived marine tank experience ... can't believe I was so stupid and I feel just horrible about my little fish.

Again sorry that this is over powering you at the moment as nobody wishes any illness on these little fishies but it can happen and it happens to a lot hobbyist.
Reading enough and following the right advice is a plus in this hobby.
As we all know the phrase......... "Nothing good happens fast in this hobby only bad things happen overnight, if you think you go slow, slow down even more"
Transferring them to a 10 gallon with new water might be the end of them. setting the tank up with existing water from your DT might work and tread them in there.

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again sorry that this is over powering you at the moment as nobody wishes any illness on these little fishies but it can happen and it happens to a lot hobbyist.
Reading enough and following the right advice is a plus in this hobby.
As we all know the phrase......... "Nothing good happens fast in this hobby only bad things happen overnight, if you think you go slow, slow down even more"
Transferring them to a 10 gallon with new water might be the end of them. setting the tank up with existing water from your DT might work and tread them in there.

Thank you for the links.
Sorry for seeming so dramatic.
Just feeling like a stupid newbie and my fault that I have done this to my little fish.

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have the other biocube coming torrow correct? Do a fresh water dip in something, and get the other tank ready once it comes. Get a filter pad in the current system to populate bacteria and get some seachem stability.

You can weather this.

Yes, I just checked the tracking and it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.
I just read about the fresh water dip and after that I put them in the new biocube with water from tank or new nutir seawater?
In my current tank I should remove the intank media filter and put back the filter and treat the tank with seachem stability?

Do I leave the inverts in the current tank and just treat the clowns, angel, cardinal and gobies?

By the way in the madness ... I really appreciate all that help ... you guys are just great!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can happen and you'll get over it, just don't give up.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said that you have a 10 gallon right?

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw your pictures and you are right I did not see anything either. You are not stupid it happens to even the best of them, we all get excited when we set up our first marine tank and get really attached to our sea creatures, it really upsets us when something happens to them. Take a deep breath and go forward. As you can see there are great people here that will help you and I hope your other creatures are not affected. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said that you have a 10 gallon right?

yes, I have an empty 10 gallon and a 29 biocube that will be delivered tomorrow.
I also do have a small pump with air stone.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can setup the 10 gallon with 50% water from your DT and 50% new water hang the pump in there with airstone for further cycling.
A HOB filter is even better for a QT/Hospital tank
Replace the 5 gallon in your tank with new salt water.
When running for a few hours you can put your fish in there and treat them as advised in the link I send you.
The DT needs to stay fallow for at least 8 weeks but as long you have no corals in there it's best to empty and clean all with fresh water and some bleach.
Your fish needs treatment for a few weeks any ways as you have plenty of time to clean and setup, cycle your DT.

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first fish in my bio cube was a firefish. It took him 2 days to come out. I went nuts looking for him under the couch etc

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! i responded to your PM, but I wanted to post here as well. First off..... take a breath. Its going to be ok. You can do this but not in a panic. First of all, you can indeed put those fish directly in your 10 gallon tank with new saltwater. The problem is going to be not having a heater, or filter or ammonia badge in there. You can pick these things up pretty cheap at any fish/pet store....even walmart sells the heaters and filters. You'll be doing large water changes almost daily at first, even with a "bacteria in a bottle" type product- which i suggest using as well. Leave all the inverts in the display and treat only the fish. Follow the instructions in the PM i responded to and You'll be ok.

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! i responded to your PM, but I wanted to post here as well. First off..... take a breath. Its going to be ok. You can do this but not in a panic. First of all, you can indeed put those fish directly in your 10 gallon tank with new saltwater. The problem is going to be not having a heater, or filter or ammonia badge in there. You can pick these things up pretty cheap at any fish/pet store....even walmart sells the heaters and filters. You'll be doing large water changes almost daily at first, even with a "bacteria in a bottle" type product- which i suggest using as well. Leave all the inverts in the display and treat only the fish. Follow the instructions in the PM i responded to and You'll be ok.

Thanks sooo much for the PM, I have responded.

Thank goodness for this forum ...

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there - I looked at the pic of your clownfish in post #48. At first glance, it looks to be either ich or velvet. But I think we also need to consider Brooklynella as a possibility. So I have a couple of questions for you:

1. How long ago did you buy this clownfish?
2. Is he the only fish in your tank showing these symptoms?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such great people here.

Keep going Helen!

And Diesel,
"Nothing good happens fast in this hobby only bad things happen overnight, if you think you go slow, slow down even more"
I'm stealing this. (but giving it to friends)

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there - I looked at the pic of your clownfish in post #48. At first glance, it looks to be either ich or velvet. But I think we also need to consider Brooklynella as a possibility. So I have a couple of questions for you:

1. How long ago did you buy this clownfish?
2. Is he the only fish in your tank showing these symptoms?

1. I have had them since the tuesday the week of Christmas.
2. Both clowns and the Angel appeared to have it.

My husband just went home to pull them out and he says he doesn't see what we saw this morning (These are pics just taken 5 minutes ago that he txt to me) The middle is with just the blue light on!

What is happening?!

IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2221.JPG

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back