Newbie with a Red Sea reefer 250

VBreefer13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally pulled the trigger and bought my first tank. I have been doing my research and watching the classifieds to buy a used tank and I found a deal on a Red Sea reefer 250 I couldn’t pass up on. I’m excited to start my journey into this hobby. I have some questions that I’d like some help with.

804F2C1E-8C6C-4668-950A-2000F9820F74.jpeg

EF31C16A-2ECA-49A0-9435-833AF0A49BE4.jpeg

I bought the tank already broken down and my questions is regarding the plumbing. It appears that I will use all the grey colored piping as it’s supposed to be used. It looks like the owner removed the original valved down pipe and replaced it with another valve. There are also other pipes that have other valves and nipple adapters on them. I assume he was running other piping. I don’t believe I need to use those for now. I just need to get a silicone hose for the return correct. My plan is to use the tank and sump as it was originally made to do. I believe the previous owner had done some diy underneath. I hope this makes sense.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The previous owner plumbed a manifold, and my advice is to stick with the custom plumbing. You don't have a lot of real estate with the 250 so chances are he plumbed it this way to allow you to run a UV, reactors, etc.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back