newer than new, greener than green

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Information overload is definitely a thing -- it helps to remember that while there are a few things that are must do -- keep the water at the right temperature and salinity, keep the nitrates low -- much of what is discussed on the forums as options. It is kind of like a weird pizza -- certain things are required for it to qualify as pizza, but there are many fiercely debated toppings and cooking techniques that can get you to a tasty meal, or in this case, a beautiful tank.

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
received_680853599283486.jpeg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am very new to the saltwater aquarium hobby. My wife and I have only been at this for 4 months! Had freshwater tanks in the past, but always wanted a marine reef tank. There is so many things to learn and read, and am feeling overwhelmed. Come to think of it, this is actually the first forum I have ever joined as well.
kermit the frog GIF
The good thing about being green is that you have no bad habits to break. Remember it is a marathon and not a race. The rest will come. Welcome to the fishy family!!

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! If you explain some of the issues im sure some people can point you in the right direction. Theres plenty of threads here that have been used to solve or work around nearly everything.

Algae?
Sick fish?
Lighting?
Flow?

It can probably be figured out.

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef! We have all been in your shoes at one point or another. The great thing is you found this place and decided to take the plunge! A ton of knowledge here and people that are willing to help in your journey. Don’t forget to post a build thread. We all love pics!
0E998EF5-05C4-420A-8520-2BA1FF61AAFC.jpeg

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am very new to the saltwater aquarium hobby. My wife and I have only been at this for 4 months! Had freshwater tanks in the past, but always wanted a marine reef tank. There is so many things to learn and read, and am feeling overwhelmed. Come to think of it, this is actually the first forum I have ever joined as well.
Welcome!

whale GIF

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. First is “52 weeks of reefing” (lots of info but long and things have changed since it was made). Second video series is “5 minute guide”, shorter, good info

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back