newly cycled tank. Why such a big water change?

12PMER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question...why do so many people recommend such a big water change right after your new tank has fully cycled and all parameters are right?

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody recommends a water change when all parameters are exactly right. But that is basically impossible to test

The water change recommended after the bottled bacteria cycle is because you're going to have a large buildup of the converted ammonia you dosed. Otherwise you have to export it somehow

OP
OP
12PMER

12PMER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody recommends a water change when all parameters are exactly right. But that is basically impossible to test

The water change recommended after the bottled bacteria cycle is because you're going to have a large buildup of the converted ammonia you dosed. Otherwise you have to export it somehow
No bottled bacteria here. Fish less Cycle. With LR and LS and patience.

Payedjay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think u need a big water change 25 percent weekly is what I do and I always cycle with fish and corals same day and never had no issues and no death I don’t really trust what in those bacteria bottles

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t think u need a big water change 25 percent weekly is what I do and I always cycle with fish and corals same day and never had no issues and no death I don’t really trust what in those bacteria bottles
Can you share how exactly you do this? As to the OP - there is no reason to change water if your nitrate is ok.

Payedjay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share how exactly you do this? As to the OP - there is no reason to change water if your nitrate is ok.
I change water reguardless I do it faithfully in the cycling stage all you gotta worried about is ammonia but wit a good water volume and 2 or 3 small fishes you be more then fine

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I change water reguardless I do it faithfully in the cycling stage all you gotta worried about is ammonia but wit a good water volume and 2 or 3 small fishes you be more then fine
So basically a 'fish in cycle' - with more frequent water changes. ?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back