MR2MAS

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi all,
So I’ve been cycling for a month now, and last week my ammonia and nitrite finally dropped to zero. So I added a pair of clowns to the tank that are doing very well.

I’m running a 36 gallon bow front with a 20 gallon sump (13 gallon operating capacity). But I guess with fish, sump doesn’t matter

With that being said, I want to start looking into the next fish to bring home. As much as I would love to get a royal blue tank, from what I’m reading, my tank is undersized. No wonder why everyone upgrades eventually!! So I’m open to suggestions on who to introduce next. Definitely a utilitarian fish that would help maintain my tank. Anyways, I would appreciate any tips/advice.

Added a picture of my clowns for attention. lol

27E43D19-DF00-42D3-8DCD-5DE4F12387CB.png

Here is my aquascape as well.
CD7A06E3-F1ED-4E92-9CED-FD3174DB9BFF.jpeg

Last edited:
Corals.com

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi all,
So I’ve been cycling for a month now, and last week my ammonia and nitrite finally dropped to zero. So I added a pair of clowns to the tank that are doing very well.

I’m running a 36 gallon bow front with a 20 gallon sump (13 gallon operating capacity). But I guess with fish, sump doesn’t matter

With that being said, I want to start looking into the next fish to bring home. As much as I would love to get a royal blue tank, from what I’m reading, my tank is undersized. No wonder why everyone upgrades eventually!! So I’m open to suggestions on who to introduce next. Definitely a utilitarian fish that would help maintain my tank. Anyways, I would appreciate any tips/advice.

Added a picture of my clowns for attention. lol

27E43D19-DF00-42D3-8DCD-5DE4F12387CB.png

Here is my aquascape as well.
CD7A06E3-F1ED-4E92-9CED-FD3174DB9BFF.jpeg
Here are my 3, in no particular order....
Royal Gramma - not as aggressive like a dottyback but incredibly bright colour.
Yellow Coris Wrasse ( Canary Wrasse)- fun to watch and a good community fish
Diamond Watchman Goby or Engineer Goby- perfect to stir up some sand bottom.
Congrats on making it through the cycle. Slow and steady will win this race still lol...

Sharkbait19

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Something like a springeri or yellowtail damselfish has similar colors/markings as a blue tang, and aren’t too aggressive. At least for clowns.
Otherwise good candidates are small wrasses (eats flatworms), royal gramma (beautiful), and shrimp-goby pair (lots of fun).

TSM Aquatics

IS RTN/STN MORE COMMON THAN IT USED TO BE?

• Yes! I (and/or my friends) have experienced it more than it used happen.

Votes: 56 21.6%
  • No. I think it's about the same.

Votes: 84 32.4%
  • No. It's actually less common than it used to be.

Votes: 26 10.0%
  • I've never experienced RTN/STN.

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • What's RTN/STN?

Votes: 64 24.7%
Inkbird