Nice review of the color difference in Ecotech Gen 5 Radion Pro & Blue

neverwouldof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From a review on ChartHouse TV on youtube

Whats your thoughts on the deep blue color that seem to be the most popular that is selling?

Ecotech_Gen5_Radion_ProvsBlue.png

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BRS review mentioned with the Pro.... you can go either way in color in the photo you posted. Great photo, thanks for sharing.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do ppl recommend I don’t really know what to get . I was going to go with the pro if it can do both and I would like a little more whites I think

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pro. Can you adjust down the white a little? The Blue is too much blue.

OP
OP
N

neverwouldof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like if you like the growth and coloration of the Coral Labs AB+ then the Blue is the way to go and you set everything at 100% and just adjust the Intensity slider to correct the PAR Rating that works for your tank. So it sounds like the easiest route to me...

What do ppl recommend I don’t really know what to get . I was going to go with the pro if it can do both and I would like a little more whites I think

bjc451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have g4 pro. I’m sure it is fully adjustable on all channels

OP
OP
N

neverwouldof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to adjust brightness and colors a bit to be more accurate to what i think it should be. This looks more inline I think...

new_tank_image.jpg

I'd imagine in person they'd look awesome, but if they've not got a good filter on then cameras will always make it look bad! Just my guess anyway!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like if you like the growth and coloration of the Coral Labs AB+ then the Blue is the way to go and you set everything at 100% and just adjust the Intensity slider to correct the PAR Rating that works for your tank. So it sounds like the easiest route to me...
Yep. I'd choose Blue all day long, but that's just because I run AB+

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As already mentioned, the benefit for BLUE is if you prefer the AB+ spectrum. BLUE has been designed to optimize AB+, meaning it will out perform PRO in that spectrum (30% I think don't quote me might be more).

The benefit of PRO is when you prefer less blue and like whiter colors closer to the 14k spectrum, if that's the case PRO is the way to go.

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id go with the blue , I prefer bluer light for viewing purpose. I plan on getting the blue to run ab+ on a sps reef im setting in a few months with a aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture.

U

User1

View Badges
One has LED's that the other doesn't, correct? That is at least my understanding between the Pro and Blue. So not done via software only. There is a hardware difference. I'm not interested in the light but if I was then I'd go Pro all the way.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One has LED's that the other doesn't, correct? That is at least my understanding between the Pro and Blue. So not done via software only. There is a hardware difference. I'm not interested in the light but if I was then I'd go Pro all the way.
Good point, yes the BLUE has far more blue LED's, while the PRO has more whites.

In respect to LED colors and placement, you can see it here

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They both have 100 leds. Blue had more blues and pro has more whites. Coral mainly uses blue, so I don’t see why you wouldn’t get the blue, it still has all the other colors too, just predominantly blue which is what corals benefit the most from.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back