OP
Nick Steele

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PR_nano I’m thinking an lps dominate tank. Mostly euphyllia (hammers and frogspawn), some goni’s and some more acans if space is available.

Yeah I’m at a complete loss as to why my euphyllia went downhill as they have been through thick and thin in the past and I had crazy swings etc but have to just move forward.

OP
OP
Nick Steele

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry no picture for now as I’m at work. tank is doing good and algae is starting to recede and I’m seeing some growth on my lone sps! Most of the acans are doing great, the Duncan on the other hand is being harassed by my clowns and is mostly closed all the time hopefully it will get use to them and it will host them.

But onto other news….. I have another tank on its way!!! I actually won an Evo 13.5 from saltwater aquariums Tanksgiving and am already planning on how I’m going to set this tank up for my daughter!

OP
OP
Nick Steele

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s official we are finally moving by the end of may and I will be resetting this tank

In the process I will be setting up the Evo 13.5 in my daughters room as she has taking a huge liking to the two fish tanks I have now.

Once we get settled in I will keep up on a schedule and refreshing this thread along with a new one for the 13.5.

OP
OP
Nick Steele

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went ahead and did a water change yesterday to the tank after work. While it’s nowhere near 100% it’s much better than a month ago. Algae seems to be dying off as it was much easier to pull off of rocks and get cleaner. I had plans to redo this tank when we moved but if I can keep algae under control I will keep just have it is as I love the rockwork.

Last month looking rough
E2585B7D-992C-4D3E-AEEB-23AAA24FA183.jpeg

Today after water change
40F60545-5CC2-457D-BC41-BBF1FF4D1668.jpeg

OP
OP
Nick Steele

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have finally moved and are getting settled into the new place. Luckily we have both places for a month so I can move tank at my leisure. I plan to move tank on Thursday and set it up as a bare bottom tank for a few weeks and let things settle down before adding sand back into the tank.

In the mean time I decided to buy a few new things for the tank!

Ordered a new heater! Innovative Marine 100W helio heater and controller! And boy do I have to say before setting this thing up it sure seems like high class! Quality built and it weighs almost 6lbs!
1191801A-47FD-4E3F-A9AA-7B40F5D75972.jpeg

Also I’ve been having some issues with my Jebao wave maker turning off on its own (my fault for losing a piece and rigging something up to make it work) but I went ahead and bought a new Nero3 with hopes to replace both the jebao pumps I have now but might keep the working one.
84F759BB-C707-401B-A981-03AF02BD7FC6.jpeg

OP
OP
Nick Steele

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly a couple days before moving the tank I found my female clownfish dead and being eaten by one of my rock flowers. I noticed she was acting weird when we moved and I wasn’t at the house for a few days and she passed.

Well onto other news the tank has been moved for almost a week and everything is doing great it seems! During the move tank received a nice cleaning and about a 6 gallon water change. Tank is sitting as a bare bottom while I deal with this hair algae that my cuc is finally starting to tackle! Also the trachy has been puffed up a lot recently and I have seen tentacles for the first time in ages!

Full tank shot (you can see the urchin working on the right rockwork)
15B57424-FBB5-4AD3-955A-DA967A7DBFAC.jpeg

Acans are loving life right now. This one in particular has sprouted 2 new heads since the move!
DCCC6DE4-4BD3-4806-9A6A-51E45A608D65.jpeg

I am going to do a new reboot thread for this tank in hopes to move passed some of the previous issues I’ve had with this tank!

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick, I am also Nick

We have had very similar story arch’s and I think it’s really cool you updated regularly through yours. I can very much relate to the way the tank suffers when life is thrown on you full force.

I think it’s valuable to yourself and others to see the evolution when you have great success. You learn a majority of reef keeping knowledge from trouble shooting issues. Also helps because in 12 years and you are setting up your 4th tank you might need to refresh yourself what you were experiencing now.

thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Nick Steele

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick, I am also Nick

We have had very similar story arch’s and I think it’s really cool you updated regularly through yours. I can very much relate to the way the tank suffers when life is thrown on you full force.

I think it’s valuable to yourself and others to see the evolution when you have great success. You learn a majority of reef keeping knowledge from trouble shooting issues. Also helps because in 12 years and you are setting up your 4th tank you might need to refresh yourself what you were experiencing now.

thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Yeah I’m actually about to set up a Evo 13.5 as a nem tank and boy I’ve learned a lot so hopefully that tank goes smooth from day one! Also the wife and I have decided I will take 1 night every two weeks to keep up on water changes etc with this tank as it’s the first thing people will see when entering the apartment now!

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yeah I’m actually about to set up a Evo 13.5 as a nem tank and boy I’ve learned a lot so hopefully that tank goes smooth from day one! Also the wife and I have decided I will take 1 night every two weeks to keep up on water changes etc with this tank as it’s the first thing people will see when entering the apartment now!
My tank was in the basement of the old house and now resides in the center of my open house. Seeing it regularly and often helps with being diligent about maintenance.

get your wife involved. Teach her how to mix salt water. I told mine I had a Bluetooth reef spoon that mixed the bucket. Had her jump starting it aka hand mixing, while I connected from the app. I just couldn’t get it to connect to the stupid app. By the time she started chasing me the bucket was pretty well mixed

Back