Nick's 360 Gallons Reef Tank with Angels

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning! Really digging the tank dimensions.

Ken Tuttle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has been running empty for ~3 weeks. In December 2016, the livestock has been transferred into the tank from a previous thank.

I shouldn't have taken pictures with the feeding being active since it draws all the fish to one side of the tank.
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
Awesome

kid976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get yours to pair? The reason I ask is I also have a pair, much smaller than yours. I received the first one as a juvenile but it now has its adult color but still small at about 4” then I added a juvenile. After the introduction it doesn’t seem like they’ve paired, more like the bigger one tolerates the smaller one being there. There’s no out right fighting but the bigger will keep the smaller one from getting close. But both are fat and healthy.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well add another to the list of my favorite Reef2Reef tanks!

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very well done in every aspect, including photography.

Care to share the rest of the system?

Sure, what would you like to see? A lot of details are in the video from last year and this year. I have not done any major change to the system.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get yours to pair? The reason I ask is I also have a pair, much smaller than yours. I received the first one as a juvenile but it now has its adult color but still small at about 4” then I added a juvenile. After the introduction it doesn’t seem like they’ve paired, more like the bigger one tolerates the smaller one being there. There’s no out right fighting but the bigger will keep the smaller one from getting close. But both are fat and healthy.
I assume you are referring to the Regal Angelfish. If so, they are not paired in my eyes to be honest. I have two adults and one semi adult(still have the false eye). One of the adults that has a shorter gill spine is the most dominant and does not allow the other adult with the larger gill spine to be anywhere near 8" from it. The reason I mentioned the gill spine size is because, as you probably aware, dictate if it's a male or a female. The male will have the larger gill spine. However, my two adults gill spine are relatively short and I don't think I can say the one with the larger gill spine is a male. I think they still need to work it out and this is why one is more dominant than the other.
I also don't know if it's because of the 3rd regal that making the dominant adult more dominant. The 3rd semi adult regal does not get chased or bothered by any of the two adults. I don't know if one of the adults is trying to pair with the smaller one and is trying to keep the other adult from it.
I'm also not familiar with how a proper pair of Regal supposed to behave. Do they hold gills and cuddle at night? Do they stay apart until it's time to do it? That is something I'm still hoping to learn from these.
My Interrupta pair does not hold hands or cuddle. They just do their thing when the lights are dim. Sometime I enhance their mood with some Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing or Midnight Love. I've tried to induce the same behavior on the Regals with some candles and love making music to no avail.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you are referring to the Regal Angelfish. If so, they are not paired in my eyes to be honest. I have two adults and one semi adult(still have the false eye). One of the adults that has a shorter gill spine is the most dominant and does not allow the other adult with the larger gill spine to be anywhere near 8" from it. The reason I mentioned the gill spine size is because, as you probably aware, dictate if it's a male or a female. The male will have the larger gill spine. However, my two adults gill spine are relatively short and I don't think I can say the one with the larger gill spine is a male. I think they still need to work it out and this is why one is more dominant than the other.
I also don't know if it's because of the 3rd regal that making the dominant adult more dominant. The 3rd semi adult regal does not get chased or bothered by any of the two adults. I don't know if one of the adults is trying to pair with the smaller one and is trying to keep the other adult from it.
I'm also not familiar with how a proper pair of Regal supposed to behave. Do they hold gills and cuddle at night? Do they stay apart until it's time to do it? That is something I'm still hoping to learn from these.
My Interrupta pair does not hold hands or cuddle. They just do their thing when the lights are dim. Sometime I enhance their mood with some Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing or Midnight Love. I've tried to induce the same behavior on the Regals with some candles and love making music to no avail.

You might want to try some Barry White on the Regals.

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found your videos on YouTube a while back and I'm super excited to see you've created a build thread here. While my tank isn't as large (125g 48x30x20), I plan to keep a very similar tank from the corals, the fish and even equipment.

mpsteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see your post here Nick. This tank is unbelievable in person. Every time I go to Nicks house I leave wanting to order a new tank.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude! What are you talking about that your tank is just "pretty good?" Your tank is freaking amazing!!! Seriously. Wow.

Arrick_L

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I've been subscribed to your YouTube channel for a long time but never got to really see the progression of the new tank. The Hawaiian islands was a great idea. That was a very original touch.

Arrick_L

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I'v been subscribed to your YouTube channel for a long time but never got to really see the progression of the new tank. The Hawaiian islands was a great idea. It was a very original touch.

MtlReef25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really amazing, I love to watch your fishes swimming like in the ocean! Wow! All your water movement is provided by 2 Tunze 6255? Keep up the good work!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back