OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can easily suspend the far end with aircraft cable. They even make aluminum cable and hardware for signs that looks REALLY nice and isn't crazy expensive that will hold hundreds of pounds. I used them to suspend a small sump on my last tank and I'm sure I will use them again. MBS Standoffs is the company I got them from.

Lol that just happens to be my tank and I Agree, once you look at it, it's darn hard to say no to. I will give you a solid piece of advice right off the bat. If you had it done in starphire glass like I did. Be VERY careful about what you put ontop of it while working on your tank. I was using a 4' level getting mine level and I mistakenly placed the magnetic side of the level on the glass, well I guess it had a couple of small pieces of metal stuck to it and when I slid the level over it put some scratches in the Eurobracing. Not the end of the world as overall you can't see them but just the fact I know they are there drives me bananas!

The one piece is starfire. Checking your build for some inspiration. Maybe I’ll call Derek and ask where’s the tank as he said it’s ready to ship almost 3 weeks ago now. :D

9CFB9FF7-B385-4ED2-B323-C103CD56A9DF.jpeg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one piece is starfire. Checking your build for some inspiration. Maybe I’ll call Derek and ask where’s the tank as he said it’s ready to ship almost 3 weeks ago now. :D

9CFB9FF7-B385-4ED2-B323-C103CD56A9DF.jpeg

I havent gotten to my lighting canopy just yet as I'm still undecided myself but it will definitely be floating. Just need to make a final decision on how I mount it. My tank is shorter so I have tossed around the idea of mounting it to the wall and float it 100%. This will probably be my go to but I don’t think it will work on a tank your size.

Having recently had a tank shipped with Derek He told me it's at the mercy of the shippers. Depending on your location it can take some time to ship. I guess there isn't a lot of larger items being shipped as frequently as before all this covid stuff so trailers are sometimes sitting for a week or two before even leaving the yards depening on there destination.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent gotten to my lighting canopy just yet as I'm still undecided myself but it will definitely be floating. Just need to make a final decision on how I mount it. My tank is shorter so I have tossed around the idea of mounting it to the wall and float it 100%. This will probably be my go to but I don’t think it will work on a tank your size.

Having recently had a tank shipped with Derek He told me it's at the mercy of the shippers. Depending on your location it can take some time to ship. I guess there isn't a lot of larger items being shipped as frequently as before all this covid stuff so trailers are sometimes sitting for a week or two before even leaving the yards depening on there destination.

Yeah, I suspected this to be the reason. Even if the tank arrives today, I'm not ready for it and will be sitting in the garage.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I suspected this to be the reason. Even if the tank arrives today, I'm not ready for it and will be sitting in the garage.

It will get there, Miracles usually provides a tracking number after a few days if you're really curious

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Plans to add a pair of regals to this new build? Acros going to be colonies or frags? I am curious, because I have a regal coming in and wanted to build my reef from Acro frags. Seeing if it is better to hold him else where until they grow into colonies ( or buy larger pieces ) to handle the nipping.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Plans to add a pair of regals to this new build? Acros going to be colonies or frags? I am curious, because I have a regal coming in and wanted to build my reef from Acro frags. Seeing if it is better to hold him else where until they grow into colonies ( or buy larger pieces ) to handle the nipping.

I want to go back to be able to keep LPS(especially the Acanthrophyllias) and clams so no angelfish this time. I might get bored later and decide that I need some excitement and add a regal and watch in anticipation to see if it'll eat my corals or not.
If you must have angelfish in your SPS tank, it's better to grow the frags out.
The nipping alone will knock the frags off the rock lol.
I don't know if you notice, but this tank is basically a transfer upgrade to the 200G I had upstairs at the time so most of the SPS already grew to a good size colony. I wouldn't personally put an angelfish in a tank full of frags.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to go back to be able to keep LPS(especially the Acanthrophyllias) and clams so no angelfish this time. I might get bored later and decide that I need some excitement and add a regal and watch in anticipation to see if it'll eat my corals or not.
If you must have angelfish in your SPS tank, it's better to grow the frags out.
The nipping alone will knock the frags off the rock lol.
I don't know if you notice, but this tank is basically a transfer upgrade to the 200G I had upstairs at the time so most of the SPS already grew to a good size colony. I wouldn't personally put an angelfish in a tank full of frags.

I tried to read the thread quickly and you have several back to back posts of empty tanks and full tanks so I didn't actually notice. My bad.

Well looks like I might be getting colonies and utilizing a frag system after all or at leas till I am fed up with the regal and transfer him to another tank. Maybe I will get lucky, don't plan on it. Same cycle as most people get. Fancy fish for a while... fancy coral.. fancy equipment. Then repeat the cycle and having to adjust the system.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any plans to add more gigantea with those LPS?
My two giganteas are in my buddy’s tank right now. It’s actually my Elos 160XL prior to this Miracle 360. They’re totally loving life there but I’m not sure how my buddy is doing when he sees his tank totally overtaken by these two massive monsters.
He sent me these pics a couple weeks ago when we talked about the new tank. I don’t have any near term plan to take them back.
The new tank will have to be fully set up and ready for them.
51EEC818-FB67-4C96-A419-69BA8C540DDF.jpeg
112A3082-4AD8-496F-BE82-6771AC84A224.jpeg

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those gigs are monsters and beautiful. I will be looking to add a gig or mag. Gig seems to be the front runner. Very hard to source right now though.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those gigs are monsters and beautiful. I will be looking to add a gig or mag. Gig seems to be the front runner. Very hard to source right now though.
Be prepare to lose a couple years of your life sweating over the survival of a gig. ;Joyful
I've gone through plenty. But if you have one that's doing good for 6 months, it'll be with you forever.
I had these since late 2014.
158282551.tv31nUyA._DSC1824.jpg

Last edited:

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be prepare to lose a couple years of your life sweating over the survival of a gig. ;Joyful
I've gone through plenty. But if you have one that's doing good for 6 months, it'll be with you forever.
I had these since late 2014.

Oh man! Is there a trusted source for finding a healthy gig? Or as healthy as they can be. I will/do have a coral QT. Wondering if it would live there for 6 months would be ideal. The QT is fed from the DT on a daily basis.
6 Years is very impressive!

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vision of the new tank will be like my previous 200G.
Just pretend you don't see the Regal Angeflsh in the picture. :p That was how I got into trouble.
SPS on the rocks and LPS on the sand. Tangs and foxface for grazers, small fish to fill the empty space.
Life was simple back then...
164547510.eJ0rhViw._DSC5661.jpg

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man! Is there a trusted source for finding a healthy gig? Or as healthy as they can be. I will/do have a coral QT. Wondering if it would live there for 6 months would be ideal. The QT is fed from the DT on a daily basis.
6 Years is very impressive!

I don't know of a trusted source. I got mine from a guy who used to run a lfs. The lfs is now owned by someone else.
My best advice is get some pictures from the supplier before you even ask your lfs to order it for you. And of course, once in a bluemoon, someone is selling theirs that has been in the tank with them for awhile. Those are usually bullet proof.
Other than that, be prepare for quite a long battle. You can do antibacteria treatment using Cipro. It may or may not work. Again, I'm not the best person to talk QT on anything. :p

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick Elos! How did you feel going from rimless to eurobraced? I had a hard time making that jump.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have a strong preference on one over the other. The frag tank I’m running now is rimless. Still working on cleaning the glass without spilling water.
I just like a large tank to be as strong as possible for that extra peace of mind.

OP
OP
this is me

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones, no. But I've only been keeping those two giganteas. I don't know about other anemone species.
LPS are mostly like candies for the angelfish. They do leave the Euphyllias alone for the time I had them.
You should check out today's tank spotlight. Very successful tank.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back