NICREW 50W Aquarium LED Reef Light PAR

diver22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi wanted to start this thread as is specific to the NICREW 50W Aquarium LED Reef Light PAR.

I got my meter today " Apogee SQ-420 Smart Quantum Sensor | USB Output " and adjusted both of my aquarium lights, one of them I'm using Nicrew Lights.

Below is my PAR readings I got. I tell you these lights really impressed me. Is a new build im doing just for the heck of it.

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 3.57.09 PM.png
1628366342366.jpeg

OP
OP
diver22

diver22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry , forgot to include my settings.
100% Blue & 75% Whites, OK you might ask how much is 75% Whites is a little tricky the setting has 4 clicks between off and full, so I put whites at full and click once ... lol... but lights are nice and seems to be powerful.

Last edited:

NAH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running 3 of the 100w versions on my 125g for over a year now. Never measured the par but they've been great so far. Thanks for the readings the numbers are impressive.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are the dimensions you are measuring par at? looks like you put in a fake aio wall i think, nice touch

OP
OP
diver22

diver22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are the dimensions you are measuring par at? looks like you put in a fake aio wall i think, nice touch
Yes, Thank You ! I did, I put a Fiji AIO and silicone it in.

From the bottom is pretty straight forward the lights are mounted 8 1/2" + 12" I have a bare bottom.

From my aquascape is frm the Top white rock you see is 3 1/2" inches below water line, and from the red rock on the right is 5 1/2" inches from the water line, hopefully gives you some sort of idea. the tank is 12" high.

OP
OP
diver22

diver22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running 3 of the 100w versions on my 125g for over a year now. Never measured the par but they've been great so far. Thanks for the readings the numbers are impressive.
Yes they are I was super surprised....

tomderly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run one 100W on my 20L. This definitely tells me thats overkill. Tank looks nice though. Did you remove the black trim off the top of your tank?

OP
OP
diver22

diver22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run one 100W on my 20L. This definitely tells me thats overkill. Tank looks nice though. Did you remove the black trim off the top of your tank?
Yes, I removed the top black rim... yes 100W is definitely a over kill, be careful. I'm currently cycling it probably has another month for it.

tomderly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I removed the top black rim... yes 100W is definitely a over kill, be careful. I'm currently cycling it probably has another month for it.
Was there an easy way to remove ur rim?I’d love to get rid of my rim. And I have my lights turned down to 50% blue and 30% white. Hopefully thats turned down enough

OP
OP
diver22

diver22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there an easy way to remove ur rim?I’d love to get rid of my rim. And I have my lights turned down to 50% blue and 30% white. Hopefully thats turned down enough
Actually was pretty simple, give you some advise on what not to do, DO NOT Apply heat, not even a heat gun, you are going to run a risk of cracking glass. what I did I got a new utility know and started from the outside underneath the plastic rim, softly ran it up it started penetrating the plastic until it cut it off, then the edge is exposed and you can run the knife in between rim and plastic boarder and then do the same thing on the inside... Took me about 20 minutes to remove, after your done get sand paper and sand the edge of the glass....

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 5.38.42 PM.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back