NICREW Hypoer Reef Controller. What's a good lighting schedule for it?

Saskdevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the NICREW HyperReef Light Controller? I ordered the NICREW 100w for my tank, I noticed when it first came it out NICREW had no control for it. I saw people where using Apex, but I recently saw they now have a controller out, so I figured why not and ordered it. The controller appears allows users to pick 6 change times throughout the day and allows for ramping. I'm very new to aquarium lighting and was wondering if anyone has used this controlled or if anyone has recommendations on good light scheduling. I'd ideally like help with what percentage of blue and white I should be running throughout the day as well ntensity (.I see many people don't run their NICREW had a full 100% intensity). I have a 20 gallons tank.

Thanks

Screenshot_20220320-225638_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20220320-225550_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Domavista

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the NICREW HyperReef Light Controller? I ordered the NICREW 100w for my tank, I noticed when it first came it out NICREW had no control for it. I saw people where using Apex, but I recently saw they now have a controller out, so I figured why not and ordered it. The controller appears allows users to pick 6 change times throughout the day and allows for ramping. I'm very new to aquarium lighting and was wondering if anyone has used this controlled or if anyone has recommendations on good light scheduling. I'd ideally like help with what percentage of blue and white I should be running throughout the day as well ntensity (.I see many people don't run their NICREW had a full 100% intensity). I have a 20 gallons tank.

Thanks

Screenshot_20220320-225638_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20220320-225550_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I just received my today, works great can adjust 6 time settings. I have 2 150’s mounted 7” above the water. I also have glass cover on my 70 gallon. The light are definitely powerful and have to be set properly. At 100% I was measuring 1100 par at the top of my tank and almost 600 on the sand bed. I run the whit at 5% and the blue at 65%. At this setting I’m measuring around 400 par at the top and around 200 on the sand bed.

OP
OP
Saskdevil

Saskdevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my today, works great can adjust 6 time settings. I have 2 150’s mounted 7” above the water. I also have glass cover on my 70 gallon. The light are definitely powerful and have to be set properly. At 100% I was measuring 1100 par at the top of my tank and almost 600 on the sand bed. I run the whit at 5% and the blue at 65%. At this setting I’m measuring around 400 par at the top and around 200 on the sand bed.
I'm loving mine as well!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back