Nicrew Marine light

teenfishkeeper808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a Nicrew Marine light in my tank since December and I can’t tell if I like it. Reviews were good but the timer is a pain. It’s a 29gallon mixed reef. Any suggestions for a new light?

D4jack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking into buying one of those to supplement my t5's. What size is it? let me know if you want to sell? My lfs tells me to buy an orbit or radion, but I don't wanna drop that kind of cash.

janlet5035

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a Nicrew Marine light in my tank since December and I can’t tell if I like it. Reviews were good but the timer is a pain. It’s a 29gallon mixed reef. Any suggestions for a new light?
i have 2 of these lights in my 120 running them with my apex and i tell you i love these lights

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried any other kinds of leds? Are black boxes any better?
According to nicrew their 50w light gets 120par in the air. That will reduce quite a bit 6" into a tank. I've seen others have success with it. However the black boxes like marsaqua or viparspectra can get par into the 6 or 700 range.

ChelmonMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 2 of these lights in my 120 running them with my apex and i tell you i love these lights
I'm curious about how much they can be controlled. On something like the AI Prime 16 you can control the light frequencies separately. Does this light have anything like that? Seems like a lot of light for the money.

Back