Night Diving in Indonesia for CRAZY CORALS! (Feat. Coralfish12g)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Saw this just last night as it popped in my suggested video to watch.

Very good video and seeing the massive amount of corals being grown there makes me happy! especially when coral reefs are dying/bleaching in many places in the world.
Yes it was very nice to see the growth of the coral for the past 2 years or so. Really made me happy lol

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are always bright spots. Really, there are. Places like TSA, Pacific East Aquaculture, IPSF, and others are doing their part to propagate locally rather than collecting wild. The base stock may be wild but over time the pieces they sale are their own stock. This is what we, as hobbyist, must support. That and hobbyist to hobbyist frags. It is our future to protect our hobby at least in my opinion. This is by no means doom and gloom or politics but rather common sense. So when I see places like TSA do what they are doing I think it is good for us all.

Also on a positive note take a look at Italy and their canals. Interesting how Mother Nature change change something in little as 10 days. Waters are clear and dolphins are back. Then again - maybe the dolphins have always been there but just couldn't be seen :).

Anyway - just wanted to throw out the good people like TSA do (not that it was in doubt :) ). Keep up the great work!
Couldn't agree more. Thank you for the continued support and understanding how important aquaculture is to the environment and our hobby.

deftonead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Bali back in 2012 and did this. The current definitely rips through there at night.

Scharlork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When coral export opening thats mean we are local reefer cant get good coral. Rainbow acro for example. Enjoy our coral.. im from indonesia btw

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video but the best treatment for stings is vinegar. It is believed that it helps to prevent any more stinging cells from firing. It doesn’t neutralize the parts that have already been stung.

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is correct they have dove before only a couple dives though. It was much easier during the day with actual gear on. The current was unbelievably strong and due to the visibility it made it even more difficult to avoid urchins and other stuff.

Yeah, I was wondering where his gear was, especially with a high current. Really cool that they farm the corals that way though and really interesting view into that. Thanks!

Dr. Suess210

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to share this video that George from coralfish12G did in Indonesia. When we got word that Indonesia was opening up we immediately thought, "Wow we gotta get out there and try to find some really nice corals and bring them back to the states to farm". So I hopped on a plane for 30 something hours and flew to Bali. This was not the first time we have been, but I was more excited then ever because it had been so long since we had seen Indo corals. Did a total of 20 dives and found tons of new and exciting corals. As many of you know Top Shelf is known for rare and different types of corals especially SPS. We have just finished our 20,000 gallon farm and we were wanting to acquire rare looking pieces to aquaculture. I had been night diving many times before but this time George wanted to join. Here's a really cool video for you guys to check out. I'm just so excited to be able to get the opportunity show you this and what Indo Mariculture really has to offer. Hope you enjoy!

-Steven

What an awesome video. I wish I had the chance to go night diving there as well. Sadly I spend all of the money that could be used for travel on thousands of dollars in coral from YOU GUYS :p

Last edited:

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the one with the monkeys. All the videos George has done since he left for Aisa have been entertaining. Keep it up guys

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What an awesome video. I wish I had the chance to go night diving there as well. Sadly I spend all of the money that could be used for travel on thousands of dollars in coral from YOU GUYS :p
Well thats not to bad of a trade off. Lol.. Thank you for the continued support!

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back