Nitrate & phosphate

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Phosban 150. Relatively low price and has worked well with the GFO.
I've used both I currently have the brs deluxe also and I find it to be very secure and reliable for me..

I have it in GAC mode right now, currently I dose p04 to the system

Attachments

• 16500543458508939931352168867076.jpg
    16500543458508939931352168867076.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
ry_gon

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used both I currently have the brs deluxe also and I find it to be very secure and reliable for me..

I have it in GAC mode right now, currently I dose p04 to the systemsediment filter after the carbon?

I have it in GAC mode right now, currently I dose p04 to the system
Why the sediment filter after the carbon?

OP
OP
ry_gon

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you skipped a lot of the process as far as I am concerned. You may be in the middle of cycling hard to tell.
My tank is a year old. It’s not cycling.
As far as the lights I am going through the ugly stage now but it isn't too bad as I followed the suggested process completely. Not bragging just fact. Turning the lights off will stop the growth but it has too happen as far as I am concerned. I left mine on, and am slowly winning the war.

I never turned on my lights while cycling the tank, which is the best route. They say nothing good happens in this hobby by rushing the process. Thats why I barely turned on my lights a year in. My tank doesn’t have any algae growth on rocks yet.

OP
OP
ry_gon

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also how many fish? How much do you feed? I am guilty of overfeeding a bit, but overstocking is to me a bad thing everything is relative. Also have you done something different over the last 4 months? Figure it out, and start from day one may help
My tank is heavily stocked, but with the right filtration I’m sure it’ll work out.
To me dosing just masks the cause not cure it.
Carbon dosing helps the beneficial bacteria complete the denitrification process.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it catches fine pieces of carbon that get through, and it helps clear the water up at the same time. It does catch GAC every time.

I only run carbon for a short time and only maybe once a month for a couple of days.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a year old. It’s not cycling.

I never turned on my lights while cycling the tank, which is the best route. They say nothing good happens in this hobby by rushing the process. Thats why I barely turned on my lights a year in. My tank doesn’t have any algae growth on rocks yet.
Lucky you. I did not turn on the lights for 4 months. Got algae when I did. Is starting to subside after 3 weeks

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back