Nitrates still increasing with Bacto Balance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Feiwen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started dosing bacto balance to help balance out my N/P ratio. When i started to dose nitrates were around 30 with phosphates between 0.02 - 0.05. With dosing my phosphates are bottoming out and most readings show up as 0.00 on the Hanna ULR while my nitrates continue to creep up. Should i switch to elimi NP? Any help would be appreciated.

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand bacto balance has some NO3. Not sure how much is actually contributes as I dose bacto balance and struggle to keep NO3 above 2. Elimi NP might be the better choice.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started dosing bacto balance to help balance out my N/P ratio. When i started to dose nitrates were around 30 with phosphates between 0.02 - 0.05. With dosing my phosphates are bottoming out and most readings show up as 0.00 on the Hanna ULR while my nitrates continue to creep up. Should i switch to elimi NP? Any help would be appreciated.
If your intent is to use Tropic Marin carbon dosing methods you need to focus on phosphates and the attached chart shows what products to use:
1662060679467.jpeg

I hope this helps.
Zero phosphate is very dangerous and will lead to dinos and other problems with coral growth. It might even help other undesirable algae like GHA to proliferate.

tjs1200

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Np Balance took all my phosphates out as well, I will the NP plus.

Back