Njordr'sSecretReef- Our First Builds and The Journey's We will All Take!

Njordr'sSecretReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

It's Isaac, here just want to get this posted since I have had several comments already about it and want to keep everyone up to date with us and give everyone a good thread for us to get some feed back as we start our Builds.

First off. We are binging the good old Youtube and learning what we can. Taking notes and working on some build lists for our tanks. If you guys would like to help us with this journey please drop a comment below about your own starter builds and tanks you ran when you first began.

We have two tanks and a third on its way but have yet to set anything up. Smallest tank we got is a 30g and the largest is a 75g. If anyone has some good advice or nice easy build lists they want to share please do. In a few days we will update in here on our final plan and build list and soon after we will begin the actual set up process. Which we will try and video and document for everyone to follow.

Side note here we will be getting our Twitter, Youtube and Facebook accounts set up just for Njordr'sSecretReef for easy following and more lines to communicate with us as we go!

Until next time!

May Njordr bless all your tanks!

-Isaac

#Njordr'sSecretReef

OP
OP
Njordr'sSecretReef

Njordr'sSecretReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post some pictures when you get chance Isaac, sounds exciting!
We are still gathering our resources and working out a build list. As soon as we get our list checked off we will begin the staging process for the tanks and begin playing in water. We will keep everyone updated and document our process as we figure out our tanks and a few weeks after that we will add some fish to make sure that we can sustain life. Once we see our critters happy and the tank is maintaining we will begin adding corals!

Currently the only pics I could send are the current inhabitants to our tanks which in my 30g we have a Bull Snake and in the 75g we have a Turtle. Both inhabitants were once wild and we plan on releasing them as soon as we can back to nature. Both the current critters still have that wild drive to live and be free so we have full trust that the two will acclimate back into the wild.

So I mean if anyone wants to keep up on that story I know its not Coral related just yet but I would gladly post some updates on that end.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back