No Algae??

Keywest99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My FOWLR tank is 9 months old, and I have zero algae, good or bad algae. It's a 110 gallon with good LED lighting that's on 10 hours a day. A fluval 407 canister filter, strong powerhead, lots of ripple movement on top for oxygen. I probably have about 100+lbs of good live rock, live sand. I do a 30 gallon water change every 4-6 weeks, salinity at 1.023, ph= 8.1, NH3/4 = 0, NO2=0, NO3=10 and temp is 78. Fish load is a 3.5" PBT, 2.5" heniochus, 3" lemon peel angel, 1.5" clown, 2.5" Steinits Goby, 5 1" green chromis, 2" valentini puffer and a 1.5" bi-color blenny, a few hermit crabs ad 3 emerald crabs. My tank looks like its a week old. I want algae growth for the tang, angel and heniochus. I feed twice a day, blood worms, brine/mysis shrimp,occasional fresh cut bits of shrimp and fish along with daily nori, not the sheets but the freeze dried that I put in saltwater each day so it looks like seaweed right out of the ocean. I also do have a low power UV sterilizer (9 watts) and wonder if that is causing no algae. Sorry to be so lengthy but trying to answer any questions you may have. Could use some help! Past tanks I've had is too much or wrong type of algae, now it's none???? Thanks in advance for any tips!

Back