No Comm on Apex Jr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to take my Apex Jr off the network for a couple days, and now I'm having trouble getting it online again.

Usually have it wired into a wireless node on a mesh network, and it's worked flawlessly for a LONG time. I had to unplug this node for a few days, left the Apex Jr powered up but offline and it continued to run fine. This morning I turned the node back on. The node is online, but Apex Jr shows "No Comm". I tried rebooting both devices multiple times, no good. The node is working, I connected to the internet with it on a hardwired laptop. But I can't connect to the Apex Jr.

I hard wired the Apex directly to the main router, set DHCP On, and it connected - I was able to log into it by typing the IP address into a web browser and also able to connect to it via Fusion. Plugged it back into the wireless node, and back to No Comm again. Tried rebooting both (power down the node, and do "restart" on the Apex net setup menu) to no avail.

Any suggestions on what else to try?

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you ping the wireless node from the laptop? Did you move it closer to the router to see if distance/ connection strength is not the issue?

OP
OP
driftin

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife was able to ping the node, and when I connected a laptop to it via ethernet cable I got online just fine. It's only about 10' from the main router (same room even) and only in that spot so I can hook up the Apex to it and not have an ethernet cable draped across the floor.

I'll keep playing with it this afternoon but happy to take other suggestions!

OP
OP
driftin

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it resolved! I don't know if this will help anyone else, but at the very least I may need to refer back to this in the future.

When I was troubleshooting this over the weekend, I was testing using two ethernet ports - one on the wireless node next to the tank, and one on the main router. This morning I decided to try plugging the Apex into the "primary" wireless node, which is hardwired to the router. Fusion had connectivity when I did that. When I then plugged the Apex back into the node next to the tank, which is only on a wireless mesh network, Fusion maintained its connectivity.

So I guess it's one of those odd home network things.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back