No Internet connection, No Apex Fusion, No Apex.local, No CONTROL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ZzzDerekzzZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost the Internet at my apartment, I have no access to my Apex Fusion app, Apex.local not showing up with my Android Cell Phone. I've tried Google, DucDucGo, Firefox Focus.

I did press the Apex reset for 10 seconds and my Apex shows Blue light, and my phones Wifi screen is showing "Apex Setup_ ×××" visible as a Wifi connection for 2 days now.

5 months ago I had my tank and Apex systems set up for me by a local marine aquarium supplier, Apex was setup with a Wifi connection, I have no hard wire internet connection on my Apex, but now my Verizon Fios home internet service has totally broken down, no Wifi no cable internet either and I may not get my internet service back up until next week sometime, other than my Samsung/Android Cell Phone, I have no internet connection at all in my apartment right now. (I use Verizon for my Cell Phone service provider)

I saw a Neptune Apex video on how to set up a new Wifi connection to my Apex, so I pressed the Reset Button on the bottom of the Apex controller for 10 seconds, the light turned Blue, I logged into my Apex Setup_×× Wifi signal with my cell phone, but when I opened up the Fusion App, I didn't see the Wifi network login screen "as was shown on the Neptune Apex video I watched", so I've been unable to find the place in the Fusion App where I can change the Wifi network settings. I was hoping to set it to a Hot Spot on my cellphone temporarily until I get my internet back up.

I've contacted Apex, but they as of now they've not been much help. It seems like they're just giving me Cut & Paste replies without actually reading my emails, and I've not been provided any useful help for 2 days nows, they did say I need to set "Lock AP Mode" ...and they gave me the login locations show below, but I told them before that I've tried to login at:
apex.local & 172.16.0.1 many times already, so I can't get into Apex.local to find the Lock AP Mode option.

I never get a login screen at those login at those IP address, I get a message saying the site can't be reached, and when I try the IP 172.16.0.1 nothing shows up at all.
Screenshot_20211001-112448_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211001-113542_Chrome.jpg

I'm trying to login with my Samsung s7 it running Android Version 8.0.0 and I have good Cell Phone connection to the internet with my Verizon cellphone service.

I also installed Pea Finder on my cell phone; saw that Pea Finder info on a Neptune Apex form.
Screenshot_20211001-115218_Pea Finder.jpg

when my phone is connected to the Wifi Apex Setup_xxx signal Pea Finder shows Apex 172.16.0.1:80 when I click on the Apex address showing in Pea Finder the page, the link goes to IP 172.16.0.1 and the page hangs up same as before without using Pea Finder, nothing loads on screen... AKA no login screen shows up.

I don't know how to re-establish CONTROL over my Aquarium?

All because my home's internet crashed Apex systems and Apex's technical support has left me with NO CONTROL over all my expensive Apex Equipment that I use to CONTROL my aquarium... as if now I've resulted to switching off the Circuit Breaker to my Apex just so I can feed my fish. What a horrible system Apex Neptune designed. I can't believe that anyone would design a system that 100% relies on a internet connection and or for that matter Apex Tech Support. Why the helll dosen't ALL my EXPENSIVE Apex Neptune equipment have some sort of simple back up access to a hand held device that doesn't require a internet connection!

I am total ticked off here, this is day 2 I'm not at work, still trying to get CONTROL over my aquarium.

Last edited:

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another reason why I would never run a tank that is solely dependant on a controller. Hey lets go out and buy a return pump, wave makers, lights, etc. etc. that can only be used in conjunction with a controller. Utter stupidness the direction this hobby is heading.

OP
OP
ZzzDerekzzZ

ZzzDerekzzZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another reason why I would never run a tank that is solely dependant on a controller. Hey lets go out and buy a return pump, wave makers, lights, etc. etc. that can only be used in conjunction with a controller. Utter stupidness the direction this hobby is heading.

Last year I purchased a 38 Gallon marineland running at Fluval 308 canister filter, I set it up as my 1st saltwater tank, 5 months ago wanted to upgrad so I had this Waterbox 130.4 set up for me with all the Apex Neptune bells and whistles.

All I can say is: Yes I'm a Stipid Newb.

My mistake; It's been 4 months not 5 with my Waterbox

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I lost the Internet at my apartment, I have no access to my Apex Fusion app, Apex.local not showing up with my Android Cell Phone. I've tried Google, DucDucGo, Firefox Focus.

I did press the Apex reset for 10 seconds and my Apex shows Blue light, and my phones Wifi screen is showing "Apex Setup_ ×××" visible as a Wifi connection for 2 days now.

5 months ago I had my tank and Apex systems set up for me by a local marine aquarium supplier, Apex was setup with a Wifi connection, I have no hard wire internet connection on my Apex, but now my Verizon Fios home internet service has totally broken down, no Wifi no cable internet either and I may not get my internet service back up until next week sometime, other than my Samsung/Android Cell Phone, I have no internet connection at all in my apartment right now. (I use Verizon for my Cell Phone service provider)

I saw a Neptune Apex video on how to set up a new Wifi connection to my Apex, so I pressed the Reset Button on the bottom of the Apex controller for 10 seconds, the light turned Blue, I logged into my Apex Setup_×× Wifi signal with my cell phone, but when I opened up the Fusion App, I didn't see the Wifi network login screen "as was shown on the Neptune Apex video I watched", so I've been unable to find the place in the Fusion App where I can change the Wifi network settings. I was hoping to set it to a Hot Spot on my cellphone temporarily until I get my internet back up.

I've contacted Apex, but they as of now they've not been much help. It seems like they're just giving me Cut & Paste replies without actually reading my emails, and I've not been provided any useful help for 2 days nows, they did say I need to set "Lock AP Mode" ...and they gave me the login locations show below, but I told them before that I've tried to login at:
apex.local & 172.16.0.1 many times already, so I can't get into Apex.local to find the Lock AP Mode option.

I never get a login screen at those login at those IP address, I get a message saying the site can't be reached, and when I try the IP 172.16.0.1 nothing shows up at all.
Screenshot_20211001-112448_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211001-113542_Chrome.jpg

I'm trying to login with my Samsung s7 it running Android Version 8.0.0 and I have good Cell Phone connection to the internet with my Verizon cellphone service.

I also installed Pea Finder on my cell phone; saw that Pea Finder info on a Neptune Apex form.
Screenshot_20211001-115218_Pea Finder.jpg

when my phone is connected to the Wifi Apex Setup_xxx signal Pea Finder shows Apex 172.16.0.1:80 when I click on the Apex address showing in Pea Finder the page, the link goes to IP 172.16.0.1 and the page hangs up same as before without using Pea Finder, nothing loads on screen... AKA no login screen shows up.

I don't know how to re-establish CONTROL over my Aquarium?

All because my home's internet crashed Apex systems and Apex's technical support has left me with NO CONTROL over all my expensive Apex Equipment that I use to CONTROL my aquarium... as if now I've resulted to switching off the Circuit Breaker to my Apex just so I can feed my fish. What a horrible system Apex Neptune designed. I can't believe that anyone would design a system that 100% relies on a internet connection and or for that matter Apex Tech Support. Why the helll dosen't ALL my EXPENSIVE Apex Neptune equipment have some sort of simple back up access to a hand held device that doesn't require a internet connection!

I am total ticked off here, this is day 2 I'm not at work, still trying to get CONTROL over my aquarium.
Create a ticket with them and they will help you out

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience with Apex or any controller but if it has a direct networking connection available I would plug in directly and forget wifi. If your tank depends on internet to function I would get a better internet service provider to start with.

Tried internet from a cell phone provider once and it was a joke, would just assume have dial up. Spectrum is a little pricey, especially for the faster speeds, but outages are pretty rare. Not sure what is available in your area for a wired internet connection.

I couldn’t see putting a piece of technology in control over my tank with no way to monitor it. That just sounds dangerous, I almost considered it for a someday buy but nope never mind. I wish you luck getting it sorted out, for the money those systems cost you would think it should work with or without internet.

OP
OP
ZzzDerekzzZ

ZzzDerekzzZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same issue and have call setup tomorrow.will let u know if I can find solution
I called them yesterday on this, they said they will respond to ky ticket via email, but I opened my Support Ticket 6 days ago at Support at Neptune... and have not had a email reply on this matter for 5 days now... whenever/if they figure out how to resolve my Ticket, I'll post the solution here aswell.

OP
OP
ZzzDerekzzZ

ZzzDerekzzZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience with Apex or any controller but if it has a direct networking connection available I would plug in directly and forget wifi. If your tank depends on internet to function I would get a better internet service provider to start with.

Tried internet from a cell phone provider once and it was a joke, would just assume have dial up. Spectrum is a little pricey, especially for the faster speeds, but outages are pretty rare. Not sure what is available in your area for a wired internet connection.

I couldn’t see putting a piece of technology in control over my tank with no way to monitor it. That just sounds dangerous, I almost considered it for a someday buy but nope never mind. I wish you luck getting it sorted out, for the money those systems cost you would think it should work with or without internet.
A) Shiit happens; a power outage will kill your wired ethernet hookup just as easily as my Wi-Fi connection.

B) My problem is; Verizon replaced the Verizon's Fios Control Box last week in my apartment building, but they hooked the wiring up wrong to my apartment, both my ethernet and Wi-Fi went dead.

C) The Cellphone bandwidth neccessary for Apex Neptune's Cloud to communicate with a Fusion app via a cellphone connection is minimal I'm sure. That's not the problem I'm having here; my problem is: the login screen at Apex.local doesn't to show up at all... I should be able to log into Apex.local while my Cellphone is connected to my Apex Hot Spot at "Apex Setup_xxxxx" That's what your supposed to be able to do if you lose your home's Wi-Fi/ethernet connection... but I can't login at Apex.local, so I have no control over my aquarium's components... I have a Ticket going at Neptune's Support for 6 days now, but they haven't resolved my problem yet.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes sounds like a headache, good luck with that. Sorry guess my comment wasn’t very helpful. Sounds like a horrible design flaw. I wish you luck, sounds like you got ripped off on a fancy gadget.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A) Shiit happens; a power outage will kill your wired ethernet hookup just as easily as my Wi-Fi connection.

B) My problem is; Verizon replaced the Verizon's Fios Control Box last week in my apartment building, but they hooked the wiring up wrong to my apartment, both my ethernet and Wi-Fi went dead.

C) The Cellphone bandwidth neccessary for Apex Neptune's Cloud to communicate with a Fusion app via a cellphone connection is minimal I'm sure. That's not the problem I'm having here; my problem is: the login screen at Apex.local doesn't to show up at all... I should be able to log into Apex.local while my Cellphone is connected to my Apex Hot Spot at "Apex Setup_xxxxx" That's what your supposed to be able to do if you lose your home's Wi-Fi/ethernet connection... but I can't login at Apex.local, so I have no control over my aquarium's components... I have a Ticket going at Neptune's Support for 6 days now, but they haven't resolved my problem yet.
Hmmm this got me thinking. I run 2 separate apex I have the old classic and a new orange one. Let me first say to avoid this all I have a display module for both apex….. but I never actually thought about this if internet went down how do YOU connect. I have one of those CDs that I put in my pc and it search’s for apex on my network but I wonder if internet is down does it still work? My pc is still on the same network hardwired thru router and same with both apex hardwired to router so this may work. Also then I start to think why would i need to access apex when everything is programmed and running it’s schedule. Well either way sounds like a display module would have solved your problem.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well didn’t realize these need a separate display module or connected to the internet to control them. Seems a bit tedious unless it comes with that for a backup. For the money these units cost I’m assuming it’s hooked to a battery backup and if the internet is the only way you can connect to it a battery backup for your router is a reasonable investment but guess it depends on how your home network is setup. Either way seems like a risky setup if there isn’t a backup way to control it.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for the day when the entire WiFi/ internet sytems goes down from a cyber attack. It's going to be fun watching all the GenX, GenZ, gadgets boys scramble to try and save their tanks, because everything relies on that stupid little gray and orange box.

It's probably going to be more fun than the 5th of July, when you listen to the news and hear stories about how stupid people where on the 4th of july.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for the day when the entire WiFi/ internet sytems goes down from a cyber attack. It's going to be fun watching all the GenX, GenZ, gadgets boys scramble to try and save their tanks, because everything relies on that stupid little gray and orange box.

It's probably going to be more fun than the 5th of July, when you listen to the news and hear stories about how stupid people where on the 4th of july.
You my friend have issues. Not only us "fanboys of gadgets" but everything in your life will be off if, and when the internet goes down.

Just think back a few months ago when a cyber attack stopped the main pipeline of oil. Remember seeing that on the news and how none of the east coast had gas? Now imagine that with everything. The internet has become the lifeline of this society whether you like it or not.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well didn’t realize these need a separate display module or connected to the internet to control them. Seems a bit tedious unless it comes with that for a backup. For the money these units cost I’m assuming it’s hooked to a battery backup and if the internet is the only way you can connect to it a battery backup for your router is a reasonable investment but guess it depends on how your home network is setup. Either way seems like a risky setup if there isn’t a backup way to control it.

If you read what I wrote then you would know if the internet went out I still have 2 different ways to connect to my apex. Only the people who are not prepared may have issues if they freak out instead of figuring out what they need to do. And that goes for anything if you are not prepared for it. Some of us rely on our ac during the summer months to keep our tanks cool. If you have no back up plan or never even thought about it you may also be in trouble if your ac goes out.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

If you're still stuck, PM me and I'll see if I can help you out. No guarantees, but I've had to work around home networking issues (including internet outages) before too. So maybe I can be of some help.

View Badges
I read hen internet goes out on controller the brain will still work with memory ,does not have to be on internet 24/7 ,24/7 is to remotely control when your away or to see if something goes wrong. Hook it to 4g network on phone program it then get off 4g network and it will control tank with memory of What you programmed it to do .just like lights program once online then your set dont need internet again unless you want to make a change.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 50.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • None.

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back