OP
libra2178

libra2178

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recommend over sizing UV light for your aquarium size. Many UV light benefits (including keeping water clear) with minimal downsides.
I have a AI prime prime 16hd this light has a UV anyone know how I should set it . I only have one I’m getting another day or tomorrow because one fell in the tank and broke. Anyways I have the UV on just the UV

OP
OP
libra2178

libra2178

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree probably bacteria. Any chance you over feed the tank? That tends to cause a big explosion like that.
I’m going to slow down my feedings do you know anything about AI prime lights? Any which settings I should be using current have on the UV setting.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to slow down my feedings do you know anything about AI prime lights? Any which settings I should be using current have on the UV setting.
I have AI primes but when they talk about UV they mean a UV sterilizer that water passes though, this kills bacteria/or at least makes it incapable of reproducing.

OP
OP
libra2178

libra2178

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have AI primes but when they talk about UV they mean a UV sterilizer that water passes though, this kills bacteria/or at least makes it incapable of reproducing.
Ok will definitely see if they have them at my local fish store thank you

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so glad you mentioned oxygenated waters this is something that’s always on my mind. I have a bubbler , wave maker , am I missing something ? Even with these items I feel like I am missing
I’d let your skimmer run 24-7, it’s great at oxygenating the water.

OP
OP
libra2178

libra2178

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d let your skimmer run 24-7, it’s great at oxygenating the water.
I know I am flooding with questions today I am so sorry. ok, I don't have any foaming from the skimmer it's adjusted. is there something I can do about the microbubbles in the tank from it? my skimmer is hanging on the back of the tank. That the only reason I don't keep it on it makes so many tiny microbubbles my humhumu trigger seems stressed out whenever it's on... he even changes colors and goes back to normal when it's off. I think its from the bubbles causing him to freak when ever i turn on the skimmer.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is a trigger tank I have 4 triggers all about 2 inches each. My ph is 8.0, ammonia is is between 0 -0.25ppm, nitrite is 0 and nitrate is 0. My tank is about a year old and I always used a detoxifying solution for ammonia nitrite and nitrate. I bought a carbon it cleared the yellow for a little bit but its wearing off. I also bought a skimmer that I only run during the day.

what "detoxifying solutions" are you using and also are you keeping up on water changes
I know I am flooding with questions today I am so sorry. ok, I don't have any foaming from the skimmer it's adjusted. is there something I can do about the microbubbles in the tank from it? my skimmer is hanging on the back of the tank. That the only reason I don't keep it on it makes so many tiny microbubbles my humhumu trigger seems stressed out whenever it's on... he even changes colors and goes back to normal when it's off. I think its from the bubbles causing him to freak when ever i turn on the skimmer.
the skimmer will usually do this more as its breaking in and then slow down a bit, but also need to run the skimmer probably 24/7 for awhile.
idk the actual skimmer you are using though either. Sometimes a filter sponge on the out flow of the skimmer can help stop the bubbles from entering the tank

OP
OP
libra2178

libra2178

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using xyclone skimmer. it has sponges it come with them should I buy bigger ones? Il keep it on hopefully everything clears up,

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That skimmer is fine, leave the sponges on, hoping it’s adjusted properly, should be bubbling around a couple of inches from the top.

If it’s releasing tons of micro bubbles and they are moving all around in the water then, something wrong with or incorrrctly tuned skimmer, something in the water your using is changing the surface tension of the water, the use of some epoxies are known to create micro bubbles from skimmers for days.

let it run, if most are not cleared up in three days, then we need to look closer at water.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back