No PC, can I still setup and use a Profilux 4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a Mac GCC but controller companies are Mom and pop enterprises. An only have so much resources to invest in anything and everything. One can wish that it could happen but one needs to be realistic.
I would rather see a good mobile phone app that does everything that GCC as the average customer will use a phone app more that a computer program.

That could easily be solve with a web server that has all the features of GCC.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ghl just a heads up its not just those two issues, You pretty much can't do anything in the GHL control center without an error and it forcing to close. Can't have it manually dose, calibrate, refill containers, change wifi settings and many more. It is frustrating that I have to use other methods to control my dosers, especially on the iphone app, you have to make sure you click save twice on any chances or it just reverts back to what it was. I get scared to make changes because it might not save my work.
I'm just wondering, have you by any chance tried an older, non-BETA tagged version of GCC, such as 1.0.9.0 - to see if this works better for you ?
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/ghl-control-center-v1-0-9-0/

OP
OP
M

Mark Taber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone aware of roadmap for myGHL cloud software. I really want this controller but I am not going to go down the road of buying a computer to drive my aquarium controller. I have an old Linux laptop that I could potentially use but really need to understand dates when GHL release new functionality to their software. If it is going to be years before you can do everything on their cloud software then I need to buy the Apex which I really don't like.
Many thanks

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just revisiting this post. Has GHL made any progress on an app or internal web server to configure the profilux 4 or do you still need to use their Windows software?

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just revisiting this post. Has GHL made any progress on an app or internal web server to configure the profilux 4 or do you still need to use their Windows software?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mobile Device/Tablet (iOS/Android) app has been released
P4 Internal webserver is nearing release.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks for the update. So just to confirm, when the P4 webserver is released, does this mean I can use that and the Android app to fully configure and and update the Profilux 4 and connect it to MyGHL Cloud?

Also, if that is the case, is the above statement only true for the Profilux 4 or will this also work for the Profilux 3 as well?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One would still need a PC to update the firmware on a Profilux or another device. While you can use the Profilux setting up timers and all the other features. If you want to update the firmware for new features and bug fixes you will have to hook up to the Profilux with the usb connection. This would be true for any brand of controller as Firmware is how new features and bug fixes are installed.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One would still need a PC to update the firmware on a Profilux or another device. While you can use the Profilux setting up timers and all the other features. If you want to update the firmware for new features and bug fixes you will have to hook up to the Profilux with the usb connection. This would be true for any brand of controller as Firmware is how new features and bug fixes are installed.
Reference the last point, the Apex can update its firmware wirelessly from a tablet so no need for a PC. I have posted a question in another thread to see if you can update the firmware via the new webserver just released in the hope i no longer need a pc.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reference the last point, the Apex can update its firmware wirelessly from a tablet so no need for a PC. I have posted a question in another thread to see if you can update the firmware via the new webserver just released in the hope i no longer need a pc.

Not in this first release. I did ask thou :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back