NO POLITICS! R2R & My Aquarium Are My Happy Places From This Crazy World!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be no argument or challenging to one's thoughts and experiences
Well articulated as usual but isn't discussion/challenge to ones thoughts and experience how anything is learned?

Learning that we don't know everything we Think we do, comes from that being challenged.

HOW we challenge or discuss (I'm going to switch this to Discuss, as I feel that challenge in context brings a fighting tone that doesn't need to be present) ideas is more about your first line. RESPECT

We collectively Can discuss differences in thought and experience without devolving into screaming and name calling. We Can disagree on process, results, suitability and not think less of the other person Because we don't see eye to eye.

Discussing (respectfully) differences in thoughts, experience, and ideas I believe to be crucial. Not something that should be shyd away from.

Last edited:

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flatulency!!

fart GIF
obviously the result of all that broccoli

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well articulated as usual but isn't discussion/challenge to ones thoughts and experience how anything is learned?

Learning that we don't know everything we Think we do, comes from that being challenged.

HOW we challenge or discuss (I'm going to switch this to Discuss, as I feel that challenge in context brings a fighting tone that doesn't need to be present) ideas is more about your first line. RESPECT

We collectively Can discuss differences in thought and experience without devolving into screaming and name calling. We Can disagree on process, results, suitability and not think less of the other person Because we don't see eye to eye.

Discussing (respectfully) differences in thoughts, experience, and ideas I believe to be crucial. Not something that should be shyd away from.
I would be referring to negative challenge or debate leading to argument. Debate is good as long as it does not get out of hand. Some dont understand a respectful way to address such debate and you have expressed from your reply the ablity to understand " TONE" in which we can quickly recognize Negative and Positive tone.
Happy reefing

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pineapple and Ham +1

Are you a Swede?

Absolutely! Pineapple has NO PLACE on any pizza!! Unless, of course it also has italian sausage and jalapenos. In which case it's almost mandatory. Can't understand why people won't just accept this simple fact!

The Prohibition of Pineapple on Pizza is real​

"The State of Italy has also unilaterally announced that putting pineapple on pizza under any circumstances is tantamount to an Act of War under International Law."

Now what do you need me to tell you regarding Politcs!?

Have any of you never eaten a Pizza Hawaii? I can guarantee that Peter has eaten tons of it. It is among the 10 most popular pizza in Sweden.

Its origin is in the restaurant Satellite, Chatham, Ontario. Canada - not long distance from Detroit. It was created 1962 of the chef Sam Panopoulos - dead at the age of 83 in juni 2017 #TeamPineapple

1638731054273.png

Do not discuss Hawaii pizza with a Swede - I´m sure that there is no village with more than 300 inhabitants that not have its own pizza shop in the whole Sweden - all of them have Pizza Hawaii. Here is the swedish recipe of a good pizza Hawaii

Ingredients

4 servings
Buy home
1100 g Pizza dough
140 g Grated cheese
200 g Smoked Ham
1 pineapple Fresh
1 pc Lace bowl
From your pantry
1 piece baking paper
6 tbsp Tomato puree
1 teaspoon Oregano - dried
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar White
1 krm Salt Fine
1 cream Black pepper Malen
Cooking
Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.

2. Pizza: Roll out the pizza dough into two round pizzas. Place them on two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Spread on tomato puree and sprinkle with oregano and grated cheese.

4. Shred the ham and peel and dice the pineapple. Spread ham and pineapple cubes over the pizza bases and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.

5. Pizza salad: Shred the lace bowl and mix with oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.

Cut the pizzas into pieces and serve with the pizza salad on the side.

Recipe: Mari Bergman

Nutritional value
844 kcal, 35 g protein, 26 g fat, 111 g carbohydrates

Bone appetit :D:D

Sincerely Lasse

PS - I you mention the second most popular pizza in Sweden - I´ll go nuts - there is limits - what it is?

Kebab pizza - often served with french fries on the pizza - there is red lines you just not pass:mad:

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you a Swede?

Have any of you never eaten a Pizza Hawaii? I can guarantee that Peter has eaten tons of it. It is among the 10 most popular pizza in Sweden.

Its origin is in the restaurant Satellite, Chatham, Ontario. Canada - not long distance from Detroit. It was created 1962 of the chef Sam Panopoulos - dead at the age of 83 in juni 2017 #TeamPineapple

1638731054273.png

Do not discuss Hawaii pizza with a Swede - I´m sure that there is no village with more than 300 inhabitants that not have its own pizza shop in the whole Sweden - all of them have Pizza Hawaii. Here is the swedish recipe of a good pizza Hawaii

Ingredients

4 servings
Buy home
1100 g Pizza dough
140 g Grated cheese
200 g Smoked Ham
1 pineapple Fresh
1 pc Lace bowl
From your pantry
1 piece baking paper
6 tbsp Tomato puree
1 teaspoon Oregano - dried
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar White
1 krm Salt Fine
1 cream Black pepper Malen
Cooking
Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.

2. Pizza: Roll out the pizza dough into two round pizzas. Place them on two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Spread on tomato puree and sprinkle with oregano and grated cheese.

4. Shred the ham and peel and dice the pineapple. Spread ham and pineapple cubes over the pizza bases and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.

5. Pizza salad: Shred the lace bowl and mix with oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.

Cut the pizzas into pieces and serve with the pizza salad on the side.

Recipe: Mari Bergman

Nutritional value
844 kcal, 35 g protein, 26 g fat, 111 g carbohydrates

Bone appetit :D:D

Sincerely Lasse

PS - I you mention the second most popular pizza in Sweden - I´ll go nuts - there is limits - what it is?

Kebab pizza - often served with french fries on the pizza - there is red lines you just not pass:mad:
I like pineapple on a cheese pizza, not a fan of ham or ‘Canadian bacon’. But in my opinion there are far more atrocious things that people put on pizza, like chicken, ranch dressing, taco meat, barbecue sauce, basically any kind of pizza that trying to be something else or that is an amalgamation of two different foods (like cheeseburger pizza, barbecue chicken pizza, taco pizza, etc).

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like pineapple on a cheese pizza, not a fan of ham or ‘Canadian bacon’. But in my opinion there are far more atrocious things that people put on pizza, like chicken, ranch dressing, taco meat, barbecue sauce, basically any kind of pizza that trying to be something else or that is an amalgamation of two different foods (like cheeseburger pizza, barbecue chicken pizza, taco pizza, etc).
Now you’re making it personal for all the Canadians!

Sean_B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you never eaten a Pizza Hawaii?
Unfortunately I have had the sad, vile, ghastly, horrendous, atrocious experience first hand.

My tribe simply does not tolerate such blasphemy! Now please excuse me I have to appease the gods with simplicity and correctness, the poolish is almost ready!! ;Playful

Attachments

• pizza.jpeg
    pizza.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 17

flourishofmediocrity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people cannot remove Emotion from their long held beliefs. Many people today find a difference of opinion to be a direct and personal attack on themselves.
Protecting one's ego should never be valued more than another person's tank. There are a lot of people that read things on forums and try to implement them in their own tanks trusting that the information is correct.

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Friends,

Want to personally thank each and every person that responded to this post! My whole day has been turned around. Really appreciate the kind words, thoughtful responses, and most importantly the crazy humor! (Pineapple on pizza, weather causes, confusing tax laws, etc.)

I find that the people on R2R are exactly the people I want to hang out with!

Thank you,
Peter

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back