NO POLITICS! R2R & My Aquarium Are My Happy Places From This Crazy World!

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite things about the hobby is that there is basically no way to politicize it. When It comes to polices that effect aquariums we basically just become a giant hive-mind lol
There's plenty of things that get politicized in the aquarium world
1. Where/when/how animals are collected?
1a. Is the collection of animals from #1 sustainable?
2. Do I "NEED" XYZ on my system?
3. IS the BRS merger going to drive prices up?
4. Can I put a tang in a 40 breeder?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's plenty of things that get politicized in the aquarium world
1. Where/when/how animals are collected?
1a. Is the collection of animals from #1 sustainable?
2. Do I "NEED" XYZ on my system?
3. IS the BRS merger going to drive prices up?
4. Can I put a tang in a 40 breeder?
Polarized is different than poltisized, ive seen people get... *Salty* but not too relied up. It’s surprisingly civil discussion for the most part.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Crystals is the best dang salt ever! Prove me wrong.
On another note......it's PORK ROLL not Taylor Ham!
For the last time, pork roll and taylor ham ARE THE SAME THING! But the correct name is TAYLOR HAM! I'm from North Jersey, so you better believe I'm right.

But in all seriousness, it's literally the same thing. Taylor is the company that makes pork roll,
1638800966653.png

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
taylor originally called it taylors prepared ham...but the feds felt that he'd stretched the definition of ham a bit too far...and made him change it to pork roll

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
taylor originally called it taylors prepared ham...but the feds felt that he'd stretched the defination of ham a bit too far...and made him change it to pork roll
I did not know that!

But I bet we can all agree. The government overstepped it's bounds there. Because it's taylor ham all the way

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
taylor originally called it taylors prepared ham...but the feds felt that he'd stretched the definition of ham a bit too far...and made him change it to pork roll
Kind of like some of the "meat" @Subway...

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last time, pork roll and taylor ham ARE THE SAME THING! But the correct name is TAYLOR HAM! I'm from North Jersey, so you better believe I'm right.

But in all seriousness, it's literally the same thing. Taylor is the company that makes pork roll,
1638800966653.png
People west of the Delaware River are going "Huh?".

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost like going to a New York restaurant and ordering scrapple. (For those of you who are unitiated..it is a pork product that is everything but the squeal ground up.
I can hear the heads exploding all over the country.

Taylor Ham?? Pork Roll??? SCRAPPLE?????

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry about the rant but had a difficult dinner last night with a sister-in-law who yelled and screamed her opposing political opinions. Couldn’t even rationally discuss and I was wrong no matter what my rationale was.

Quickly came back to R2R and my aquarium and the blood pressure soon returned to normal. My world was at peace again.

Thank you to all the R2R members for the expert advice, funny bantering, and sympathic ears! R2R constantly helps me through this crazy world!
I'm going to give you a piece of advice from someone much older than you. If you are upset with people that disagree with you. Perhaps a counselor? Just kidding. People can have opinions. There is an old saying - which Is the point of my post - 'Don't discuss politics or religion in public'. This I think might solve your blood pressure problems :). Hopefully

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost like going to a New York restaurant and ordering scrapple. (For those of you who are unitiated..it is a pork product that is everything but the squeal ground up.
I'm originally from Philly and grew up on Scrapple LOL. There isn't any scrapple here in NYC, and good luck trying to find a proper cheesesteak. BUT I wouldn't go back to Philly and expect to get a proper bagel with just a schmear either, so.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back