NO POLITICS! R2R & My Aquarium Are My Happy Places From This Crazy World!

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's plenty of things that get politicized in the aquarium world
1. Where/when/how animals are collected?
1a. Is the collection of animals from #1 sustainable?
2. Do I "NEED" XYZ on my system?
3. IS the BRS merger going to drive prices up?
4. Can I put a tang in a 40 breeder?
1. They should be collected in the LFS ;)
1a no
2. You don’t but I’d love to have one
3. No because they don’t deliver to the Uk
4. You can But why
5. Pineapple is a sponge or a pizza topping ;)
taylor originally called it taylors prepared ham...but the feds felt that he'd stretched the definition of ham a bit too far...and made him change it to pork roll
I just don’t know what is Taylor to do with pineapple on pizza? By the way my surname translates to Taylor. Maybe that is the link. ;)
Season 6 Reaction GIF by Friends

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the rant but had a difficult dinner last night with a sister-in-law who yelled and screamed her opposing political opinions. Couldn’t even rationally discuss and I was wrong no matter what my rationale was.

Quickly came back to R2R and my aquarium and the blood pressure soon returned to normal. My world was at peace again.

Thank you to all the R2R members for the expert advice, funny bantering, and sympathic ears! R2R constantly helps me through this crazy world!

I am the Supreme chancellor dictator of my reef tank. My fish have a picture of me in every one of their sleeping spots

Other than that, I like to avoid politics haha

Last edited:

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am the Supreme chancellor dictator of my reef tank. My fish have a picture of me in every one of their sleeping spots
I guess they have a menu they have to eat from too. ;
Option 1: Pineapple sponges marinated in salt water in supreme leader style
Option 2: Hawaiian pizza in supreme leader style
Option 3: Taylor bites in supreme leader style.
north korea design GIF by Sherchle

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When at family gatherings I know better than to discuss politics with certain members of my family. Most people are fine with it .
I have written political posts here on R2R . They were quickly deleted by R2R . But politics does matter , I have learned everything good in life can be ruined by politics. Including reef aquariums . What will we do if all fish and corals are banned? We can trade for awhile. But eventually aquariums will disappear. Thx

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pineapple on pizza is a must! If you say you do not like it maybe you have not developed a finer food palate - much like those that prefer white wine over red.

btw I love this thread and anyone who opposes my view probly orders chicken tenders at restaurantso_O

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess they have a menu they have to eat from too. ;
Option 1: Pineapple sponges marinated in salt water in supreme leader style
Option 2: Hawaiian pizza in supreme leader style
Option 3: Taylor bites in supreme leader style.
north korea design GIF by Sherchle

My female clownfish is the puppet leader I installed into their society

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again I would like thank my R2R friends for the kind words, thoughtful responses, and crazy humor to this thread!

This thread reminds me that there are many diverse opinions out there, but here on R2R, diverse opinions can be rationally discussed, humorously mocked, and respectfully disagreed with!!!

Thank you R2R for reminding me of this and hopefully I will remember these things in my next discussion with my sister-in-law (and any other heated discussions)!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again I would like thank my R2R friends for the kind words, thoughtful responses, and crazy humor to this thread!

This thread reminds me that there are many diverse opinions out there, but here on R2R, diverse opinions can be rationally discussed, humorously mocked, and respectfully disagreed with!!!

Thank you R2R for reminding me of this and hopefully I will remember these things in my next discussion with my sister-in-law (and any other heated discussions)!
Ask me about my zoanthid smore's receipe for your S-i-L to try. People tell me they are killer.

Throw Up Naked And Afraid GIF by Discovery

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

alcohol drinking GIF by Crossroads of History

Last edited:
OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHHAHAH. Apologies if that went over the line a little. Not too many gifs out there that fit the bill.
All good. Have really enjoyed the humorous bantering! Now if we could just get everyone else to lighten up…

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if we wanted to introduce reef geek politics and start a fight , we could start a debate on two part, kalk vs frequent water changes to replace Alk and calcium

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back