Noah's 20 gallon marine "nature aquarium"

OHReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can easily be gotten for around $200 if you wait for their next sale (probably Easter). A single Prime 16 or Kessil A160 is not enough to adequately light a 24” tank, especially if you want to keep SPS. You say you want a natural looking tank, a tank without even light is not natural looking. Also, for the Prime and A160, with the mounting hardware and controller (with the Kessil) you’re looking at $280-$350.
For SPS dominated, I agree, not enough. Some people are running 2 for a tank that size where it's SPS dominated. But, for a mixed reef it should be fine. Kessil does state on their website it will cover up to a 24" diameter surface area.

I have 1 a160 over my 20 gallon long. It sits 7.5"-8" above the water and works great for me. I don't have it cranked up either; I only run it at 35% color and 50% intensity via the spectral controller x. I am still messing around to find the ideal settings as I only have 3 SPS (WWC Slimeball, Forest Fire Digi & Monti Cap). The rest are LPS and zoas.

Back