OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
477513B0-7E9D-4F67-BA47-6DF36C58F290.jpeg
NYAquatic doesn’t disappoint. Received this 10” MONSTER today.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice.. work.. interesting.. the angels are not going at the brain coral? Mine angels would love to dine on that!!!

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the kind words. It’s a work in progress for sure.

nice.. work.. interesting.. the angels are not going at the brain coral? Mine angels would love to dine on that!!!

ChicagoOddly enough a couple of the angels just pick at the underside of the rim which i attribute to where some sponge may reside.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perhaps the size of the tank will work.. but i noticed a french in there... my history was i had a mix reef.. ended up with only sps... the fleshy LPS were a favorite expensive meal for my angels.. Tank is looking great though.. fingers crossed on what those guys end up eating... keep us posted.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by the way.. point your camera and a white surface before taking the pic.. that might set your white balance better for a less blue Pic LOL

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by the way.. point your camera and a white surface before taking the pic.. that might set your white balance better for a less blue Pic LOL

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it. Also, no french angel here. But yes I have already had to get rid of acantho and I watch the softies daily... i’d Assume i won’t have zoas but so far nothing has gone for them at all... worst coral nipper atm is the giant moorish idol but he mainly seems to be going after coralline algae, eating SPS or killing other fish is a guaranteed one way ticket out of this tank and either rehomed or put into the 600 gallon rock sump.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it. Also, no french angel here. But yes I have already had to get rid of acantho and I watch the softies daily... i’d Assume i won’t have zoas but so far nothing has gone for them at all... worst coral nipper atm is the giant moorish idol but he mainly seems to be going after coralline algae, eating SPS or killing other fish is a guaranteed one way ticket out of this tank and either rehomed or put into the 600 gallon rock sump.

Do your bandits go after your acans? I
Have a pair about to come home and was wondering about them and the acans

OP
OP
HmoneyReefOkc

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your bandits go after your acans? I
Have a pair about to come home and was wondering about them and the acans

Hey, I would think that your acans would not be safe. I don’t have any acans but the acantho meat coral was not safe with them or the goldflakes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back