Nominee Bios

cdavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were nominated for a postion within the club, please give the members a description of your experience, in the hobby and professionally, anything that might be relevent to your potential position. What do you plan to do with this position if elected? What are some goals you'd like to see the club accomplish together?

Trianad1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys and gals, My Name is David Triana.

I have been keeping aquariums since I was a child and have gotten heavy into the Reef world over the last year. I have been an avid Scuba diver and Volunteer diver at the SC Aquarium since 2008 where I began to learn and fall in love with the Salt Water worlds I was helping maintain. I have to give credit to my Wife, who as a studied marine biologist, is responsible for providing me with all my foundation of knowledge to be successful in the hobby. Professionally I have years in the military as an officer running a division and flying aircrafts. I also currently work in law enforcement. I believe both of those past experiences provide me with lots of experience which will be useful in any of the positions I am nominated for. As a military officer I know how to see the "Big Picture", Assemble a plan of action, and put it into action for our success. This has also helped me focus my leadership style to lead from the front, and make sure to take care of everyone because when we all help each other, we all win and look good. As a law enforcement officer I have learned to handle any high stress situation and keep control of them. I also have a broad knowledge of laws and legal terminology which allows me to accurately read, understand, enforce or explain any questions that may arise with the constitution and bi laws. This again, will be helpful to protect the interests of the club and its members.

If elected, I plan to do everything within our power to make us a strong club which helps and supports its members. As a club I want us to have a name that will be recognizable with good experiences and reputation within the saltwater community. I also hope to bring in as many sponsors as possible to make every part of this hobby affordable for everyone.

Laurieo79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, Laurie Ousley here.

I have had aquariums of all sorts since I was a kid. I have been into saltwater for the last 10 years, with a minor break raising a couple small kids. In the last year since the youngest is easier to mange I have delved into the reef world, and found my newest addiction :)

For the last 10 years I have worked in the accounting department for a construction company. Before that I worked in banking. So my entire adulthood has been working with finances. I was in girl scouts for 18 years as a child and also a leader. I am a little bit of an excel nerd as well:) I have a degree in construction management, computer programming, as well as bookkeeping. I believe with my accounting background, organizational skills as well as club leadership experience I will be a good fit for the club treasurer.

If elected I plan to keep meticulous records as well as keep everyone informed of financial matters. I am so excited about this club and I can't wait to see where we go.

rtoth84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone - Ryan Toth here. I was nominated for Master of Arms.

My first experience with aquariums occurred about 7 years ago when a friend, after a hurried move, asked if I would like to takeover his 7 gal nano. It had been sitting for about two weeks with no lights running, a hang-on filter and a heater. It had a little bit of live rock, two clowns, and a couple of hermit and I said sure. It soon became my mission to nurse this tank back to life and as I learned, I began to grow my setup. Eventually I made my way to a full reef-ready tank, with proper lighting and filtration. By that time I was 100% addicted and loved wasting time down at my local coral shop. Recently, my wife, son, and I moved from Hudson Valley, NY to Mt. Pleasant. To this day I still have one of those original clowns (a miracle especially after 3 moves, a number of power outages, and a surprise seal blowout).

Master-at-Arms: I have a degree in Organizational Leadership & Communication, am the President of a commercial real estate development company, and provide freelance business strategy services to small businesses. As Master-at-Arms, I would use my communication and negotiation experience to work through critical club issues. In my daily activities, it is typically my role to advise others on how to develop clear cut management techniques, and growth strategies. I believe these assets will be invaluable to our growing group.

I'm throughly excited about the direction and potential of the club and look forward to meeting everyone over the next few meetings.

Ryan

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back