Non Reefers will always find a way…

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
…To mess up the simplest of tasks.

I usually feed right from the LRS bag (I eyeball how much the fish eat).

I left for 1.5 days. I told the person to just feed 1 cube (from the blister packs) once a day. Instead of possibly over feeding by trying to eyeball how much food to break off. Pre-portioned food is fail-safe, right?

I found this in the tank

image.jpg

Seriously?! A piece of metal from the blister pack? In the tank? It took me like 5 minutes of trying to get it out. My tank is relatively tall so I had to use the aquarium hand grabber thing.

Maybe I should have specified…to not add the metal with the food. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all are rationing up your frozen cubes? How you doing that, just slicing them with a knife and putting the rest back in the freezer? I should probably do that, I don't have much livestock and a full cube each time feels like such a waste

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's even worse when you do that yourself. ;)
Im guilty of doing it a few times over the years. When feeding a big tank the food easily covers it to where you dont always spot it. Everytime i see a little shimmer in the gravel i know right away where it came from haha

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all are rationing up your frozen cubes? How you doing that, just slicing them with a knife and putting the rest back in the freezer? I should probably do that, I don't have much livestock and a full cube each time feels like such a waste
If you don’t want to cut up the cubes you can defrost one in a pill bottle with tank water (store in the fridge) and use it over a couple days

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t want to cut up the cubes you can defrost one in a pill bottle with tank water (store in the fridge) and use it over a couple days
I already get evil looks for keeping mysis in the freezer, it makes everything stink of fish. I can't imagine being allowed to keep any in the fridge haha. I'll cut it up, seems easy enough. Didn't even think about doing that.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already get evil looks for keeping mysis in the freezer, it makes everything stink of fish. I can't imagine being allowed to keep any in the fridge haha. I'll cut it up, seems easy enough. Didn't even think about doing that.
Yea it’s not easy living with a reefer but hold the line my friend! Steady as she goes.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back