Non Reefers will always find a way…

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the place where I am supposed to shamefully admit that my fish qt tank currently has a piece of the foil floating in it currently. I haven’t even bothered to reach in and take it out yet.
season 7 growth spout GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the place where I am supposed to shamefully admit that my fish qt tank currently has a piece of the foil floating in it currently. I haven’t even bothered to reach in and take it out yet.
season 7 growth spout GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Everyone Boo this man!

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me help in my public humiliation
Half Baked Reaction GIF

Honestly though when taking multiple cubes out it’s fairly easy to miss a piece of the foil.
Haha it really is tho. When they gonna switch to plastic so we can just say meh when it happens

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already get evil looks for keeping mysis in the freezer, it makes everything stink of fish. I can't imagine being allowed to keep any in the fridge haha. I'll cut it up, seems easy enough. Didn't even think about doing that.
Get a mini fridge with freezer for the tank. I keep all my fish stuff seperate just so i dont have to hear the complaints lol

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
…To mess up the simplest of tasks.

I usually feed right from the LRS bag (I eyeball how much the fish eat).

I left for 1.5 days. I told the person to just feed 1 cube (from the blister packs) once a day. Instead of possibly over feeding by trying to eyeball how much food to break off. Pre-portioned food is fail-safe, right?

I found this in the tank

image.jpg

Seriously?! A piece of metal from the blister pack? In the tank? It took me like 5 minutes of trying to get it out. My tank is relatively tall so I had to use the aquarium hand grabber thing.

Maybe I should have specified…to not add the metal with the food. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

Once a month I go to the LFS and buy my frozen food. I went to the dollar tree, and they have these little plastic cups with lids on them, pack of like 6 or 8 for $1. I picked up like 6 packs of them($6 or so total, maybe a little more now since they charge $1.25 or something).

I just put 2 cubes in each of them, and put them in the freezer. When it comes time to feed, I just take the lid off a cup, dip the cup in tank water to thaw it, pour the cup in after and throw the cup in the sink. I feed 3 times a day.

I do this because I'm scared I'm going to do that and not notice. I have done that in the past, completely didn't even remotely realize I put metal in the tank. Luckily I happened to look at the tank later and notice it. But yeah, it's a bit of a fear for me. And sometimes those blister packs can be easy to use, and other times it's like the food has arms and is just hanging on for dear life. No issues with that now.

The only downside is it takes up more freezer room. Not a big deal for me because I have a deep freeze that I use for most stuff. Still I only do about 10 or so days worth at a time.

So do something like that next time, you can just put what you want into a few cups.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think it happens to all of us once or twice

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back