*** Noo-Psyche's K7 Mini Giveaway!! WIN a brand new reef WiFi capable reef light for your reef! ***

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It feels cheaty in a "by the rules" sort of way. Yes it's not against the rules specifically (yet), but the amount of "tags" you're adding does seem a bit over the top and not fair to the rest of the forum who are doing the tasks in a modest sort of way to give others a chance. Yes I tagged a few peeps as well, but only those I actually know/talk to. The amount of inactive people you're Tagging that won't see this contest just for more entries for yourself looks selfish. It's a jerk move. Here's an Example of another no-no: creating new accounts for additional entries, also a jerk move. Rules like that are made after someone abuses the system.
It may feel that way..but everyone else has the right to do the same as per the rules. I do agree it is a little over the top..but the reason that the rules are written the way they are is that they want people to see this. And although @EricBB is taking it a little extreme (hence my snarky humor)..he is doing exactly what the rules were trying to encourage...keeping this thread visible for people to see it.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
stop-it-get-some-help-just-stop.gif

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It may feel that way..but everyone else has the right to do the same as per the rules. I do agree it is a little over the top..but the reason that the rules are written the way they are is that they want people to see this. And although @EricBB is taking it a little extreme (hence my snarky humor)..he is doing exactly what the rules were trying to encourage...keeping this thread visible for people to see it.
There is truth to this. This thread sits at the top of the threads from midnight Pacific Time to about 3am Pacific Time.
guilty.gif

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many of us knew this thread would turn this way?
I can see both sides of this.
On the one hand, @EricBB is playing by the afore mentioned rules as stated in post #1. He has put in a lot of effort into this, more than most of us would. Can't fault the man for that.
On the other hand, it's easy to see how other reefers could feel that this is taking away from the community spirit here. This could lead to some bad feelings, some of it towards the sponsor which would be a shame because they are a GREAT part of this community. That would be undeserved.
Maybe next time, if you were to include tagging others, it could be specified that you could only tag those that you have had a direct interaction with via forums and/or PM conversations.
What say ye?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How many of us knew this thread would turn this way?
I can see both sides of this.
On the one hand, @EricBB is playing by the afore mentioned rules as stated in post #1. He has put in a lot of effort into this, more than most of us would. Can't fault the man for that.
On the other hand, it's easy to see how other reefers could feel that this is taking away from the community spirit here. This could lead to some bad feelings, some of it towards the sponsor which would be a shame because they are a GREAT part of this community. That would be undeserved.
Maybe next time, if you were to include tagging others, it could be specified that you could only tag those that you have had a direct interaction with via forums and/or PM conversations.
What say ye?
Hi @Reefer Reboot ! Great input. In the past these were limited to 1 tag per day and typically worded as "Tag your friends". The difference here is that the rules state to tag fellow reefers. No limit, no relationship required. I can see both sides. I can't fault him for finding the loophole. I say good luck to all!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guess what, here we are with an updated build thread!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What say ye?
I'm with you, but it'd be really hard to regulate the "reefer you've had contact with". It's part of the game like the Yankees buying the best team.

Back