Noob getting ready to go wet

roccomorra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to get my Recife ECO 40 gal. cube up and running. I have a real noob question: When I fill the tank do I separately fill the rear AIO compartments as well?

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can, and the water will eventually go through the intakes. Or you can fill the back and the water will go out through the intake. Just don't turn on the return pump until both the front and the back have water in them to nearly full. Post pics!

OP
OP
R

roccomorra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current status: the 40 gal cube is up and cycling! Used 4oz of Fritz turbo and added 20lbs live rock from Lfs plus a coralife 4 part coral tree. Lesson learned- I put way to much live sand in, a 40 lb bag was overwhelming! Removed about 4 lbs worth but sand bed is over 2 inches thick for sure. Now just waiting for tank to clarify- already at 78.3 degrees and steady. Will test for salinity, ph, and the usual ammonia&nitrate in 24 hrs.

OP
OP
R

roccomorra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost two weeks in, things seem to be progressing. ATO is working great, protein skimmer has broken in. I am having temp fluctuations from 77.9 to 79.8- think weather has something to do with this. I now have 2 clowns plus 5 hermit and 5 turbo snails. A significant diatom plume has happened, have dosed with Vibrant twice, seems to be retreating some now. When it clears will post some pictures.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back