OP
T

Texasfishkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want corals, then it can be expensive. And you already have a puffer, which is not reef safe. How about keeping it FOWLR for now.

I will add the 1st thing I bought to start this hobby.

RODI - if you can ask your parents, RODI can be use for drinking water too. Get the big RODI system if you can, the RObuddie can work for you but it might cost more on the filters refill in the long run.

If you are going the budget corals route:
Black box for light.
Jebao pump.

If you want a good budget light. AI Prime HD is the choice. You can start with 1 to keep softies/LPS. Check the buy forum here. I got 2 prime HD with mounts for a good deal. But you are 15, so.. do you have CC?

Watch the innappropriate reefer budget series.

If you have more money after getting the essentials, get an ATO. ATO would be very beneficial for a small tank. Balancing the salinity swing.
I watched the inappropriate reefer nano tank series and am considering buying the light he bought, the reason I’m asking for options is because I would have to buy 2 of the lights he used to light my 30” tank. I saw a couple black boxes on amazon, but some say you’ll have problems with algae in the future because they put out so much light. I havnt rlly done deep research with black boxes yet but I am considering it. And yes I have a CC

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That light is recommended for fw.

But the title says “Marine FOWLR”, or in otherwords, sw. Here’s a picture of what it’s like on a 10 gallon Macro tank right now:

image.jpg

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the inappropriate reefer nano tank series and am considering buying the light he bought, the reason I’m asking for options is because I would have to buy 2 of the lights he used to light my 30” tank. I saw a couple black boxes on amazon, but some say you’ll have problems with algae in the future because they put out so much light. I havnt rlly done deep research with black boxes yet but I am considering it. And yes I have a CC

Go to the dry good forum and turned on watch on it. So you'll get any new post for ppl selling stuff.

Look around, ebay, FB marketplace, this forum. be patient. Impulse buy will only cost you more.. believe me I know..
I was able to get AI Prime HD for $100 from FB market place. BRS rodi too.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That light is recommended for fw.

live in Sugarland Texas, near houston

If you were in my neck of the woods I could have hooked you up with a few things. That’s about 3-3.5 hours from me.

Maybe someone here may help out a youngster reefer. Wish you luck. Just take your time. Start out with soft coral and progress from there. Understand what they like/dislike and how to maintain proper water parameters. They are more forgiving than other coral.

Think of this a science project. Do your research for basic knowledge and understanding. Keep it simple.

MaxxuM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be in Houston in a few weeks. I have random stuff but much of it is missing parts or doesn't look great. I have a 24" Current USA 4-bulb T5HO fixture missing one leg and needs bulbs otherwise it works well. A 30" Current Orbit LED that probably still works, but has some rust that needs to be cleaned off. A few skimmers...

Thing is I'm flying economy plus so very limited on luggage. If it doesn't fit in a backpack I cannot take it. Unless he's willing to pay shipping. Ground probably isn't very expensive though.

OP
OP
T

Texasfishkeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be in Houston in a few weeks. I have random stuff but much of it is missing parts or doesn't look great. I have a 24" Current USA 4-bulb T5HO fixture missing one leg and needs bulbs otherwise it works well. A 30" Current Orbit LED that probably still works, but has some rust that needs to be cleaned off. A few skimmers...

Thing is I'm flying economy plus so very limited on luggage. If it doesn't fit in a backpack I cannot take it. Unless he's willing to pay shipping. Ground probably isn't very expensive though.
If its to much of a hassle, don’t worry about it! Don’t want you have to carry all that extra stuff here. I can pay for shipping for anything that works well and is in good condition for my tank, message me!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back