• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Noopsyche Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I missed that!

I'll pass it forward to a few people. Most the people in my area don't use R2R, they are all on the local RC boards.
Please do not. That is the incorrect link. They need to sign up for the group buy to participate.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If 20% is what we got, it is better than nothing. With that said, I was hoping for more, and here is why. 20% off brings down the cost of light to $128. When noopsyche joined R2R and posted about these lights, price for light was $129. Only when people started talking about them, price was raised to $159, which is what it is now.

So, seeing how we would get it for what the original cost was is kinda a downer. Hoping this can be brought down a bit more, so that we truly get group buy discount.

Either way, thanks to both of you for your hard work and getting this organized.
You are getting a "real group buy discount" and if you bought the light back then you have to add the crazy shipping from Hong Kong and customs. I wanted this for the community and pulled out all stops to get this done not to mention this the lowest we could go without being in the negative.
I do appreciate all you and everyone here for their confidence in me to get this done :) I want give a special thanks to @MSB123 for being able to get this group buy going and organizing the list.

Thanks,
Matt

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are getting a "real group buy discount" and if you bought the light back then you have to add the crazy shipping from Hong Kong and customs. I wanted this for the community and pulled out all stops to get this done not to mention this the lowest we could go without being in the negative.
I do appreciate all you and everyone here for their confidence in me to get this done :) I want give a special thanks to @MSB123 for being able to get this group buy going and organizing the list.

Thanks,
Matt

I think the discount we got was great. Totally happy and very excited to get these lights in.

Thanks again you two, its greatly appreciated!

OutsideBrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a video any where showing the controls?
I am definitely interested, but can’t sign up from my phone.

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks,
Matt

Thats definitely fair, and I wasnt trying to take anything away from you. Like I said, I was just hoping (perhaps foolishly enough) that it would be lower. In terms of shipping and duty, those are valid points. Duty is hit/miss but shipping would bring the price up for sure.

Thanks again to both for all the work you did.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are fine no worries here;) I really hated those duty fees as they made us pay a duty fee on each controller because of the batteries:mad:
I think you will enjoy this light as I know I am.

Matt

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would these do on a 30” deep tank. The PAR values Dana posted were for shallower depths. My tank is mainly SPS. 8’ x 3’ x 30”deep. How many lights would be needed?

How many watts are each fixture?

Thanks.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would these do on a 30” deep tank. The PAR values Dana posted were for shallower depths. My tank is mainly SPS. 8’ x 3’ x 30”deep. How many lights would be needed?

How many watts are each fixture?

Thanks.
Wow that is a monster tank :) Each light is max 95w.
I have tested them at 24in and had really good par numbers but they have not been tested at 30in. Some of the hard core SPS guys are using 6 lights per 48in x24in x24in. That might give you an idea how many you would want to try.
Thanks
Matt

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Matt. Sounds like it’s a little small for large/deep tanks. I’m using two ATI powermodules now with 150w of leds and 432w of T5s on each fixture. So it’s a total of 1162w at full power.

12 units of these lights would be 1140w and probably won’t give the same PAR at 30”. I’m getting 240 to 280 PAR on the sand bed at 700 at the surface. It’s hard to light large tanks. My electric bill went up around $50 per month after I started up this tank. I guess leds won’t make a huge impact on my electric bill. It’s also tough to beat growth & coloration of T5s.

Thanks & best of luck with the group buy.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really Bummed. Been anticipating these lights and was ready to pull the trigger. The hospital deal with my wife is going to present a lot of unexpected expenditures so I'm afraid I'm out for now. Someone was complaining about the price but the 20% off is a killer deal as far as I'm concerned would save me just over 100 bux. I'm still going to see if I can make it happen but no promises for sure. Just bought a new skimmer too, first thing friday morning, oh well, hind sight is 20/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back