Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway! Win a K7 Pro II LED Reef Light!!

The.Reefing.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Advice to help keep algae out of your sump is to install a small wavemaker pointed into the refugium to have a constant flow and always stick to your method that works for you. Constantly changing things up with lead to failure.

Im so excited i found this giveaway because i literally just posted a question looking for advice on affordable LEDs as my first post on R2R! It would be amazing to win this!

civetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best piece of advice was to be patient. Whether it’s dealing with an algae outbreak, corals bleaching or simply waiting for corals to grow. All good things are worth waiting for! Also, you probably aren’t the only one who has had some particular issue. Do some research and you WILL find an answer.

Proverbs3:5-6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche Giveaway helpful.jpg

Hey guys!! Thanks for all the help last month with great ideas! You guys were super helpful, and so this month we've taken one of your ideas and decided to hold the "Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway!" In this month's giveaway, we're asking you to share the most helpful tips you've come across in reefing!

Noopsyche's Reef Lighting has become one of the popular reef lighting options for many members of our community here on Reef2Reef. Their K7 Pro II is their flagship light, and @noopsyche is giving you the chance to own one for FREE! You can check out @Dana Riddle's testing of the Noopsyche K7 Pro II HERE.

Please see the rules below and get your entries in NOW!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry: Post in this thread one tip that has been really helpful to you with the reef hobby. The more unique or lesser known the tip is, the better! We're looking for specific pieces of advice that may have helped with a specific issue or helped you to achieve success. (We're hoping for more than "Go slow and have patience." Give us something specific.)

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Answer a thread where someone is asking a question, or start a new thread about a topic or issue (This might be to share something with the community, or even to ask a question...after all, your questions could be helpful to others who have the same question).
Bonus 2: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 3: Join the Noopsyche USA Facebook group. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 4: Check out the Noopsyche USA website and tell us what you like most. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 5: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

One winner will be selected to receive:
  • One K7 ProII light
  • One K7 bracket
  • One K7 controller
1.jpg

2.JPG

ONE Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on July 6, 2020! (Last day to enter is July 5th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks again to @noopsyche for this awesome contest!
I used vibrant, uv sterilizer, 1 day black out, and microbacter clean to beat Dino’s.

leftcoast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tip: Start with dead rock, bleach them and scrub them clean. Do the initial cycle on your own. Almost everyone selling live rock has pests; don’t shoot yourself in the foot when starting this marathon. Dip and quarantine everything afterwards.

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: My tip is to go beyond researching whether a specific fish or coral is a good fit for your tank (size, aggressiveness, eating habits, temperature preferences), and also research how to remove it from your tank if it isn't a good match despite the research. When researching a new fish, there is usually a lot of data on what tank size/composition would work best, but not a lot of information on known problems with that fish unless you really dig for it. If you research how to remove the fish/coral from your tank, it usually surfaces all of the problem/nusiance threads related to that particular fish/coral that will better inform your purchase.

Bededog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the best tips I have ever received was to wear gloves and be very careful when fragging zoos and Palys. I wish I would have been careful. I don’t know how it happened but I got toxin from a zooanthid in my mouth. A little later I took a drink of water and it felt almost like I touched a 9-volt battery to my tongue. Scared me to death. I was fine by morning but I have been much more careful since.

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 4: The thing I like best on the Noopsyche website is the presence of quality LED lights at a reasonable price point. The hobby as a whole tends to lack options for decent lighting at a decent price, and it is nice to see one.

jnava19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry: Is something I learn recently actually, but, Don't chase the numbers, look and feel your tank, if is doing good, keep it under check but don't chase numbers. I will add this with the "Always dip or quarantine your frags", you will save yourself lots of time and money fixing issues or dealing with pests. Unfortunately, I feel this needs to be learned the hard way. (I was told even before starting, but I didn't think it was such big issue)

smoothette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am researching getting a bigger tank like 90 or 110 gallons, i was told its harder to keep ph up in bigger tanks, and some easy ways to do it is, if your tank is on an outside wall, drill a hole thru the wall and run air tubing outside so your skimmer can pick up fresh air year round to incorporate into the tank to help keep ph higher, you can also put a reverse exhaust fan behind y our tank a small one, and it will add additional outside air and help especially if you live in very hot or cold places where it is not always feasable to open windows... you can control when the exhaust fan is on, and blowing air into the house, and you can also cover the tubing for the protien skimmer outside with screen to and use expand foam around the holes so critters dont get inside your house.

Sova

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice, not everything that is new and improved is best for your tank. Example: NOPOX, while NOPOX works for many reefers when we took the advice to install NOPOX into our tank it caused the tank to crash. Remember to research everything first and to ask tons of questions before buying, you do not need every method for cleaning your tank installed and it can actually do more harm than good.

This is something I wish someone had told my family from the start.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back