Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway! Win a K7 Pro II LED Reef Light!!

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry # 5: build thread update:

Will try to get some pics uploaded soon (lifes getting in the way again). tank is a simple 2.5g petco glass, super small penn-plax HOB, and aqua knight led. been up since early march.. added 1st corals last weekend after a slight direction change...more on that later...

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP!

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus Entry:
1592873765048.png

tch4apples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche Giveaway helpful.jpg

Hey guys!! Thanks for all the help last month with great ideas! You guys were super helpful, and so this month we've taken one of your ideas and decided to hold the "Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway!" In this month's giveaway, we're asking you to share the most helpful tips you've come across in reefing!

Noopsyche's Reef Lighting has become one of the popular reef lighting options for many members of our community here on Reef2Reef. Their K7 Pro II is their flagship light, and @noopsyche is giving you the chance to own one for FREE! You can check out @Dana Riddle's testing of the Noopsyche K7 Pro II HERE.

Please see the rules below and get your entries in NOW!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry: Post in this thread one tip that has been really helpful to you with the reef hobby. The more unique or lesser known the tip is, the better! We're looking for specific pieces of advice that may have helped with a specific issue or helped you to achieve success. (We're hoping for more than "Go slow and have patience." Give us something specific.)

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Answer a thread where someone is asking a question, or start a new thread about a topic or issue (This might be to share something with the community, or even to ask a question...after all, your questions could be helpful to others who have the same question).
Bonus 2: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 3: Join the Noopsyche USA Facebook group. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 4: Check out the Noopsyche USA website and tell us what you like most. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 5: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

One winner will be selected to receive:
  • One K7 ProII light
  • One K7 bracket
  • One K7 controller
1.jpg

2.JPG

ONE Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on July 6, 2020! (Last day to enter is July 5th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks again to @noopsyche for this awesome contest!
I am so new to this I don't know what I don't know!! At the moment the best advice and hardest to follow is take it slow and be patient....right I want it all now!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bonus 5: Updated build thread on 6/22.

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build thread update:

M1i1t1c1h1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I am new to this website and also new (ish) to reefing.
My piece of advice is actually a very important one that I learned my first attempt at reefing 7 years ago. This piece of advice is actually a bit different since it is not directly related to reefing 'inside' your tank setup.
A lot of people perhaps don't pay enough attention to their tank surroundings. More specifically, your electrical circuit, the weight of the tank and the effect it has on your house, the increased humidity level/the effect that has on your walls, etc.

The sun had set on my final day of reefing 7 years ago. I was in college at the time and living at my Mom's house. A buddy of mine was spending the night and was crashing on the couch in the basement living room (which is the same room as my 50 gallon fish tank). That night, my girlfriend at the time and I got into a huge fight. I had snuck out of the house after my Mom fell asleep to go and talk to her in person. At about 4:30am, I finally got home.
My buddy was still asleep on the couch. I quickly went into my room and went to bed. Not 10 minutes after laying my head on my pillow I heard a loud knock on my bedroom door and my Mom yelling frantically to get out of the house. I opened the door and all I could see was my Mom standing in front of me. The rest of my surroundings were cloaked by thick, heavy smoke. I grabbed my dog and ran out of the house where my Mom called the fire department.
4 fire trucks, 5 police cruisers, and 2 ambulances later, the entire neighborhood was awake and outside staring at our house with me in my underwear holding my dog next to my buddy and my Mom. About 10 minutes after arriving, the fire chief told us that there was no fire but said that the powerbar that I had all my fish tank equipment plugged into was completely melted and was the source of all the smoke. Not only was it not GFI protected, but the circuit was completely overloaded because of the amount of fish tank equipment I had plugged into it.
Needless to say, I was forced to get rid of my fish tank the next day...

Moral of the story, is make sure you know what your house can handle! I learned an extremely valuable lesson that day. When we talk about it years later, we all laugh about it. But in reality, we all could have lost our lives that night.

On a side note to this story, the reason why I had mentioned my buddy was because as the story goes, my Mom woke up at 4:00am to get ready for work. She heard commotion outside of her bathroom door. She opened the door to see my friend walking towards the spare bedroom. She asked what he was doing and he said, 'oh... Well I was having trouble sleeping downstairs because of all the smoke, so I came up here to sleep instead. I hope that's cool', walked into the spare room and shut the door....... We still never let him forget that...

Sqwertyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus #4: Navigation and layout of website is simple and effective. Also shipping on the items I ordered took a total of 3 days, from order placement to my doorstep (seriously impressed).

Mechagodzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve learned that you have to take your time when doing something new. It’s easy to get discouraged when something doesn’t go right in your setup, but just ask for help or clarification and eventually you’ll solve your problem. Save yourself the troubles and quarantine everything before you introduce it into your setup. Catch and solve problems early and don’t procrastinate.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump

Poodlegal79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the best advice I got in the beginning was don't over complicate things. Once you know more and have more experience than go for it but in the begining keeping it simple. It helps you learn and not overwhelm yourself trying to learn about all the cool stuff that's out there at once. It will all come in time.

Sqwertyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus #5: Build thread

Back